Ferdinand | EducationGhana |June 6|Top 5 Best Universities in the World to Obtain an Education Degree in 2023
Times Higher Education has ranked the best universities for education degrees to help you decide on the best institution for you.
The education degree could be Diploma, Bachelor, Master or a PhD in any education-related field.
Stanford University and the University of California, Berkeley take the top spots in the ranking. The University of Hong Kong and Peking University are the only universities in Asia to rank among the top 10, at fifth and eighth, respectively. The only UK institutions in the top 10 are the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, at fourth and sixth, respectively.
The Stanford University Graduate School of Education has a high reputation across the US as one of the best education schools in the country.
The School of Education is one of seven schools at the university, which also include business, law, engineering and medicine.
The school provides seven master’s programmes, 21 doctoral programmes and three joint programmes. There are also undergraduate programmes for students wishing to pursue a minor in education or to take part in the honours programme.
The doctoral programmes aim to promote research in education, looking at the psychology behind how we learn as well as curriculum studies and teacher training.
Get all Updates from Ellis Ferdinand HERE
The University of California, Berkeley offers MA and PhD programmes across a wide range of topics in education, such as the impact of race, class and gender, and the influence of politics and policy on education.
Undergraduates also have the option to take a minor in education, and it is one of the university’s most popular minors.
At Berkeley, there are also courses that will prepare students for a teaching career, from classroom teaching to district-level leadership.
Harvard University offers 13-year-long master’s programmes and a number of doctoral programmes in education.
The master’s programmes cover many aspects of the subject, including arts and education, higher education, international education policy, and human development and education.
Among the faculty are experts in wide-ranging aspects of education, including bilingual education, adult learning, economy and education, and social services and schools.
Education is offered at both undergraduate and postgraduate level at the University of Cambridge.
The three-year undergraduate education degree accepts only 42 students per year.
The undergraduate course consists of three possible tracks: education, psychology and learning; education, policy and international development; or education, English, drama and the arts.
Postgraduates wishing to study education can choose a PGCE, master’s or doctorate. The PGCE course is taken as a specialism in primary or secondary (high school) education. Both options include significant placement time, with secondary PGCE students spending at least 120 days of the course in schools.
The Faculty of Education at the University of Hong Kong provides teaching in Chinese-language education and English-language education. There is also a division for mathematics and science education, speech and hearing sciences and information and technology studies.
There are seven research centres, including the Centre for educational leadership, the Centre for communication disorders and the Centre for the Advancement of Chinese-language Education and Research.
Top 10 Best Universities in the World to Obtain an Education Degree in 2023
Scroll down for the full list of best universities in the world for education degrees
|Education rank 2023||Education rank 2022||University||Country/region|
|1||1||Stanford University||United States|
|2||2||University of California, Berkeley||United States|
|3||3||Harvard University||United States|
|4||5||University of Cambridge||United Kingdom|
|5||=6||University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|6||4||University of Oxford||United Kingdom|
|8||=10||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||United States|
|9||12||Michigan State University||United States|
|10||=10||University of Pennsylvania||United States|
An education degree can open doors to working and teaching in schools as well as carrying out research into how we learn.
US universities are well represented in the entire subject ranking for education, with 134 universities. A total of 75 of the universities are from the UK and 67 are from Asia.
Canada and Australia are also represented in the ranking, with 21 and 35 universities, respectively.
Times Higher Education subject rankings are based on the same 13 performance indicators used in the overall World University Rankings 2023. However, the methodology is carefully recalibrated for each subject, with the weightings adjusted to suit the individual fields. The full methodology for education can be found here.
Top 200 Universities for education degrees 2023
Click each institution to view its World University Rankings 2023 profile
Editors note: As part of our THE statement on Ukraine published on 2 March 2022, Russian universities have been given less prominence in our rankings. Russian and Belarusian universities that met the criteria for this ranking are not displayed in the table above.
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
- Top 20 Nigerian Universities Recognized by JAMB in 2023
- List of Top 9 Best Universities in Cairo, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 2 Best Universities in Giza, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 10 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- List of 20 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- How Ghana’s Richest Teachers make their Wealth in 2023
- Top 6 Notable Alumnus of UEW making Impact in Ghana for 2023
- 18-Year-Old Princess Korkor Boateng is Ghana’s Youngest Chartered Accountant
- Abdul Rahman Lansah is UDS Valedictorian with CGPA of 4.89 at the 23rd Congregation
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
- GES announces official dates for the commencement of the 2023 District and Regional Transfers
- NTC announces dates for the issuance of Licenses to Newly Qualified Teachers
- GES releases List of 2023 Successful Recruitment Applicants
- 2023 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination Timetable is Out – CHECK HERE
- NTC gives an official date for the conduct of the 2023 Teachers Licensure Examination
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
- UCC opens 2023/2024 admissions into B.Ed. Distance Programmes for Prospective SHS Teachers
- UDS Admission Form for Undergraduate and Diploma Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year is Out
- UEW opens Distance Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- UEW opens Regular Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Peki College of Education Official 2023/2024 Admission Forms Out -APPLY HERE
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
- The fully Funded University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023/2024
- Global Affairs Canada Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024
- Top 20 Best Fully Funded Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024 – APPLY HERE
- Fully Funded MEDIT/ACI PhD Scholarships in Turkey for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Fully Funded LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarship in Italy 2023/2024
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 2 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 1 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
- Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥