Ferdinand | EducationGhana | April 2 |Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
The Ghana Education Service (GES) has opened applications for the 2023/2024 study leave with pay for its staff.
Requirements for GES study leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Applicants must have served at least three years after completing the College of Education.
Applicants who are serving the GES in deprived districts or schools are eligible to apply.
- All qualified applicants must pursue an approved course as determined by the director of GES.
GES staff who are pursuing second or third-degree do not qualify for study leave with pay.
Principle Superintendents who obtained their rank through a sandwich programme do not also qualify to apply.
GES staff who are 55 years and above do not qualify for the study leave with pay.
Members who vacate the Service and are re-engaged must serve a minimum of five (5) years before being eligible for study leave with pay.
Members who are eligible for study leave with pay must serve for a minimum of two(2) years after the study leave the course.
Teachers pursuing courses meant for non-teaching personnel will not enjoy study leave with pay.
Non-Teaching staff pursuing courses meant for teachers personnel will not enjoy study leave with pay.
Study leave with pay will not be granted for part-time courses/programmes.
How Many Times Is One Eligible For Study Leave With Pay
After you acquire a degree, you would be placed at a rank of PS and GES doesn’t give study leave to teachers beyond this rank. Hence teachers who have not obtained their degree have only one chance.
Which Courses Attracts Study Leave With Pay
Only education-related courses. Even that, they give higher quota to some courses than others.
GES will not sponsor you to go and do pursue a course after which you would use that certificate to seek employment elsewhere.
They only want you to upgrade your skills and knowledge in any of the education-related courses and come back and be of benefit to the service.
Understanding The Study Leave Promotion Ranks
The entry rank for the diploma is Senior Superintendent II professional, and you qualify to be promoted to SS I after four years of service. If you serve another three years, you qualify to be promoted to Principal Superintendent.
But let’s say you came into the service directly with a degree, Your entry rank is Principal Superintendent.
If you come into the service with Diploma and later went for either Two years Post Diploma in basic education(Degree in basic education) or Four Years Degree (Second cycle education -Regular) by any of the modes, you would jump over the rank of SS l directly to Principal superintendent.
How To Get Study Leave With Pay
Conditions Upon Which Study Leave With Pay Would Be Granted.
Applicants for study leave with pay must have;
- Good Conduct
Recommendation by immediate supervisor/Director.
How To Get Study Leave With Pay Forms
Applicants are to obtain study leave with pay application forms from District or Regional Education offices nationwide.
Click on the link below to download the study leave with pay application form.
Applicants should complete 4 copies application forms and Attach Certified Copies of the required certificate.
Applications are to be submitted to the applicant’s Regional Director through the District Director or Head of Institution.
The Regional or District Directors would ensure that the list of all applicants reaches the Director of, the Human Resource Management and Development Division(HRMD) at the GES Headquarters.
- GES releases List of 2023 Successful Recruitment Applicants
- Meet Sarah Seyram Arhinful: UEW’s First ever Valedictorian with the Highest CGPA of 4.0
- Update: How ATAG falsely accused its Former Executive Member, Michael Dzadey as an Imposter in 2020
- Non-Professional Teachers in Public and Private Schools given up to May 31 to fully register for Professional Certs
Below is the subject allocation and its corresponding percentages for Study Leave with Pay 2022/23
Subjects with 60% Allocation for Study Leave with Pay 2023/2024
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- Physical Education
Documents Needed for Study Leave with Pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Application Letter (1)
- Filled out of Study Leave Form (4)
- Filled Personal Records (4)
- Photocopies of First Appointment Letter (4)
- Photocopies of all Certificates (4)
- Current Paastport Pictures (4)
- Current Payslip (4)
- Application for Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opened
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
- GNAT to repost 12 District Secretaries after battling in Court
- Vodafone Ghana and Institute of ICT professionals to train 1,000 girls in Coding
- Top 24 Signs of a weak man
Subjects with 30% Allocation for Study Leave with Pay 2023/2024
- Special Education
- Ghanaian Language
- Early Childhood
- Religious Studies
- Visual Arts (GKA, Creative Arts, Sculpture)
- Guidance and Counselling
- Vocational Education ( Clothing and Textiles, Hospitality Management, Catering, Fashion & Design, Management in Leaving).
- Technical Courses ( Tech drawing, Electronics, Applied Electricity, Refrigeration, Welding, Metal Work, Building Construction, Auto Mechanic, Auto Works, Draughtmanship, Creative Arts, and Graphic Design).
Subjects with 5% Allocation for Study Leave with Pay 2023/2024
- Laboratory Technician
Teachers can check Important Guidelines and Requirements for 2022 GES Study Leave with Pay HERE
Completed application should reach the various district directorates no later than 31st May 2023
Term 2 JHS 1 TO 3 Sample Weekly Scheme of Learning >>>> Download
Term 2 Week 1: Basic 7 (JHS 1) Sample Lesson Plans >>>>> Download
CCP Curriculum Materials for Basic 7 to Basic 9 Subjects >>> Download
PowerPoint Presentations on CCP Curriculum for Basic 7 to 9 Download
CCP Curriculum Training Manual for Basic 7 to 9 Teachers >>> Download
- 2022 NOV/DEC Second Series: Over 10,000 candidates fail Mathematics
- 2023 Teachers Promotion Exams: How to request Index numbers and Study Centres
- Top Research Papers to Support Your PhDs in 2023
- Top 10 Strategies to survive the Winter as an International Student in America in 2023
- Categories of Staff that qualify for Top Ranking Allowances in the GES
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check This Out: Top 10 Steps to Register and write Exams in KATon Computing Training Workshop
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
Check This Out: JUST IN: Coalition of Concerned Teachers sacks acting President King Ali Awudu
Prospective Students can also check out the Admission Deadlines for Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as their Entry Requirements before Applying.
They can also check the institutions’ cut off pointsandHow to Applyto the various Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as the institutions’ Fees Schedulesfor any particular Semester or Year.
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get theNaCCA/GES Standard-Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
Download the Teachers Guide on SBCand CCP Curriculums HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥