Ferdinand | EducationGhana |June 5|Top 5 Universities in the World Promoting Gender Equality In 2023
Gender equality is one of the key challenges facing society today. Across the world, it manifests in many forms, including pay, employment opportunities and access to education.
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) look to tackle some of today’s biggest global issues, and SDG 5 addresses the issue of gender equality.
As part of the Impact Rankings, Times Higher Education has produced a ranking focusing on how universities are contributing to gender equality. Some of the measures looked at are research on gender, policies on gender equality, commitment to recruiting and promoting women, the proportion of first-generation female students and student access measures. You can read more about the methodology here.
Top 5 Universities in the World Promoting Gender Equality In 2023
Western Sydney University was named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the federal government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency. The institution has held this title for the past 21 years.
Western is also dedicated to combating sexual violence on campus through the development of a respectful relationships education programme to be implemented across the Australian university sector.
A Gender Equity Strategy and Action Plan has been implemented to focus on the areas where gender equality can be improved. One of the key aims of the plan is to support the university’s efforts in recruiting, retaining and helping female staff advance.
Other measures that have been introduced in response to the plan are improved breastfeeding facilities on campus, additional leave for staff experiencing domestic violence, and the development of a Gender Equality Policy.
The University of Bologna has a gender equality plan with a range of aims, including promoting a work-life balance, pursuing a gender balance in senior positions, gender equality in recruitment and career development, promoting gender and intersectionality in research and combating gender-based violence.
There are a number of courses that look at gender equality at the university, as well as a range of initiatives, including the seminar on male violence against women.
Get all Updates from Ellis Ferdinand HERE
The University of Malaya’s gender studies programme was established in the mid-1990s and was the first in Malaysia to offer undergraduate students the chance to study gender studies.
The programme covers many gender-based issues in society including gender stereotypes, gender-based violence and discrimination at work.
The university also offers a master’s programme in gender studies that provides students with the opportunity to continue conversations and campaigns towards gender equality in Malaysia.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education promotes gender equality by providing women with equal access to education and providing a safe campus for them to study.
The university hosts research seminars on topics such as female mental health, women and law, and public health policies for women in India. Research projects at the university include looking at safe digital spaces for women, family planning and fertility rates.
Government College Women University Faisalabad has introduced a range of measures to support female staff and students. For female students the university has provided on-campus accommodation, transport and sports facilities.
For female staff the university has promised equal pay and equal opportunity.
The university also organises a range of events and activities to raise awareness of gender equality.
Lahore College for Women University (LCWU) is the second Pakistani university to feature in the top five for SDG 5.
The university has mentoring schemes for women in the careers centre and the entrepreneurship centre.
The university also has a range of progress initiatives such as parental leave and harassment complaint cells to combat gender inequality.
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
- Top 20 Nigerian Universities Recognized by JAMB in 2023
- List of Top 9 Best Universities in Cairo, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 2 Best Universities in Giza, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 10 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- List of 20 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- How Ghana’s Richest Teachers make their Wealth in 2023
- Top 6 Notable Alumnus of UEW making Impact in Ghana for 2023
- 18-Year-Old Princess Korkor Boateng is Ghana’s Youngest Chartered Accountant
- Abdul Rahman Lansah is UDS Valedictorian with CGPA of 4.89 at the 23rd Congregation
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
- GES announces official dates for the commencement of the 2023 District and Regional Transfers
- NTC announces dates for the issuance of Licenses to Newly Qualified Teachers
- GES releases List of 2023 Successful Recruitment Applicants
- 2023 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination Timetable is Out – CHECK HERE
- NTC gives an official date for the conduct of the 2023 Teachers Licensure Examination
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
- UCC opens 2023/2024 admissions into B.Ed. Distance Programmes for Prospective SHS Teachers
- UDS Admission Form for Undergraduate and Diploma Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year is Out
- UEW opens Distance Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- UEW opens Regular Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Peki College of Education Official 2023/2024 Admission Forms Out -APPLY HERE
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
- The fully Funded University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023/2024
- Global Affairs Canada Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024
- Top 20 Best Fully Funded Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024 – APPLY HERE
- Fully Funded MEDIT/ACI PhD Scholarships in Turkey for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Fully Funded LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarship in Italy 2023/2024
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 2 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 1 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
- Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥