Ferdinand | EducationGhana | November 13 | Mrs. Araba Swaniker: Iconic Lady used on the Ghanaian Book Cover “My First Copy Book”
The iconic Ghanaian copy book, a staple in early education, features a recreated pose by the child on its cover, now an adult (Mrs. Araba Swaniker). The nostalgic moment, captured by Ghanaian photographer @ophlex, pays homage to the original photo taken by American photographer Willis Eugene Bell.
Accra, Ghana In a heartwarming nod to Ghana’s educational heritage, the iconic Ghanaian copy book, renowned for improving handwriting skills in early education, takes center stage as the child featured on its cover recreates the pose many years later.
This nostalgic journey was recently captured by Ghanaian photographer @ophlex, adding a new chapter to the book’s legacy.
Key Points from the Recreated book Cover of “My First Copy Book”
- Symbol of Early Education: The Ghanaian copy book holds a special place in the hearts of those who grew up and attended school in Ghana. It served as a foundational tool for honing handwriting skills in the early stages of education.
- Recreation of Iconic Pose: The cover of the copy book features a child whose pose has become iconic for many Ghanaians. In a delightful twist of nostalgia, the same child, now identified as Mrs Araba Swaniker, re-enacts the pose many years later. The moment was beautifully captured by Ghanaian photographer @ophlex.
- Original Photo Credit: The cover photo on the Ghanaian copy book was originally captured by American photographer Willis Eugene Bell. The recreation pays homage to the timeless image that has been a symbol of early education in Ghana.
- Cultural Significance: The recreated pose serves as a testament to the enduring cultural significance of educational tools like the Ghanaian copy book. It sparks memories for those who have used it in their formative years.
About “My First Copy Book”
My First Copy Book It is a popular handwriting workbook used by many Ghanaian children. I was surprised to learn that the child on the cover of the book is now a grown woman and that the photo was originally taken by an American photographer.
The recreation of the iconic pose from the Ghanaian copy book’s cover by Mrs. Araba Swaniker, captured by @ophlex, brings a touch of nostalgia and cultural appreciation.
This homage to early education and the enduring symbol of the copy book showcases the interconnectedness of generations through shared experiences in the realm of learning and handwriting improvement.
it is wonderful that Mrs. Araba Swaniker has re-enacted her pose from the book cover. It is a reminder of how far she has come, and it is also a celebration of Ghanaian culture and education.
GET THE LATEST UPDATES IN EDUCATION IN GHANA
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserve