Ferdinand | EducationGhana |May 31| List of Top 10 Best Science SHS in Ghana in 2023
The EN Analytics Top 10 Senior High School Rankings for Science and Mathematics 2022
include 193 schools across the sixteen regions of Ghana.
The model we have developed for the ranking is based on a school’s final position in the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) at the national level and the category of the school.
The purpose of this ranking is to develop a ranking system of global standards that rewards consistent performance whether a school wins the competition or not.
Get all Updates from Ellis Ferdinand HERE
bELOW IS THE F List of Top 10 Best Science SHS in Ghana in 2023
SCHOOL RANK IN 2022 RANK IN 2021 ACCUMULATED POINTS
- Prempeh College 1 2 550
- Adisadel College 2 1 550
- Presec – Legon 3 3 545
- Opoku Ware School 4 4 385
- Mfantsipim School 5 6 370
- St. Peter’s 6 5 345
- Keta SHTS (Ketasco) 7 8 345
- St. Thomas Aquinas SHS 8 7 330
- Accra Academy 9 10 300
- University Practice SHS 10 9 295
National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) Dashboard 2013 – 2022
ABOUT EN ANALYTICS TOP 100 SHS RANKINGS FOR 2022
The table is based on the performance of schools at the National Science and Math Quiz(NSMQ) over the last 10 years.
EN Analytics has compiled the most comprehensive database of all schools participating in the NSMQ starting from 2013. We started in 2013 because we were unable to obtain detailed information on the competition prior to 2013.
For a school to get ranked in a particular year, it must reach at least the One-Eighth stage of the competition at the national level. Thus the One-Eighth stage is the baseline stage required for a school to be included in the ranking for that year.
If a school does not reach the One-Eighth stage in a particular year, it gets zero for that year.
Since 2013, some 193 schools have reached the One-Eighth stage of the competition.
The points a school gets for a particular year is based on the final stage it reaches in the
Competition Points awarded are based on the following criteria:
In addition to the Competition Points above, a non-category A school may get additional points based on the category assigned to it by the Ghana Education Service (GES).
A non-category A school must advance beyond the One-Eighth stage before it can earn Category Points.
Category A Schools do not earn any additional point for going beyond the One-Eighth state.
Category B Schools earn 5 points for going beyond the One-Eighth stage in a particular year.
Category C Schools earn 10 points for going beyond the One-Eighth stage in a particular year
If two or more schools have the same points and none has won the competition before, then they will be equally ranked. If on the other hand two schools have the same points and one of the schools have won the completion before or has won the competition more times than the other, then the one who has won the competition more times will be ranked ahead of the other even though they have the same points.
Accumulation of Points
The points earned by each school over the past 10 years are then accumulated to determine the total points for the school.
These accumulated points are then ranked and the top 100 schools are selected. So the ranking is not based on just the current year’s performance but that of the last 10 years.
Finally, the accumulated points are not the points obtained by the school during the competition, it is the points assigned to the school by the model based on where the school reached in that year.
Highlights of 2022 Ranking
The top 3 ranked schools in 2021 were the finalists in 2022 NSMQ competition.
There were 42 Category A schools, 46 Category B schools and 12 Category C schools in
the 2022 rankings.
Abetifi Presby SHS moved 71 places up on the ranking from 137th position in 2021 to 66th position in 2022 after storming into the semi-finals.
Other significant movers up the ranking were St. James Seminary, Assin State College,
and Osei Kyeretwie SHS (OKESS).
ABOUT EN ANALYTICS AND CONSULTING LIMITED
EN Analytics and Consulting Limited is a data analytics firm based in Accra that provides
training and consulting services for businesses.
We provide training and consulting services in Power BI, Advanced Excel and Eviews. In addition to these, we offer training and consulting services in modelling, financial analysis, statistical analysis, forecasting and monte carlo simulations.
You can contact us on 0558630338 for further enquiries.
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
- Top 20 Nigerian Universities Recognized by JAMB in 2023
- List of Top 9 Best Universities in Cairo, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 2 Best Universities in Giza, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 10 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- List of 20 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- How Ghana’s Richest Teachers make their Wealth in 2023
- Top 6 Notable Alumnus of UEW making Impact in Ghana for 2023
- 18-Year-Old Princess Korkor Boateng is Ghana’s Youngest Chartered Accountant
- Abdul Rahman Lansah is UDS Valedictorian with CGPA of 4.89 at the 23rd Congregation
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
- GES announces official dates for the commencement of the 2023 District and Regional Transfers
- NTC announces dates for the issuance of Licenses to Newly Qualified Teachers
- GES releases List of 2023 Successful Recruitment Applicants
- 2023 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination Timetable is Out – CHECK HERE
- NTC gives an official date for the conduct of the 2023 Teachers Licensure Examination
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
- UCC opens 2023/2024 admissions into B.Ed. Distance Programmes for Prospective SHS Teachers
- UDS Admission Form for Undergraduate and Diploma Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year is Out
- UEW opens Distance Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- UEW opens Regular Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Peki College of Education Official 2023/2024 Admission Forms Out -APPLY HERE
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
- The fully Funded University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023/2024
- Global Affairs Canada Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024
- Top 20 Best Fully Funded Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024 – APPLY HERE
- Fully Funded MEDIT/ACI PhD Scholarships in Turkey for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Fully Funded LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarship in Italy 2023/2024
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 2 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 1 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
- Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥