Ferdinand | EducationGhana | September 30 | Outstanding Teacher Summit 2023: Educators Embrace Digital Evolution in Ghana
“Discover how Ghana’s Outstanding Teacher Summit 2023 brought together educators to explore digital advancements in teaching. Keynote speakers, panel discussions, and expert insights highlighted the importance of lifelong learning and innovation in education.”
Check This Out: Stella Gyimaah Larbi is the 2022 overall best teacher in Ghana
Accra, Ghana. Over 350 educators and industry players gathered at the inaugural Outstanding Teacher Summit 2023 (OuTS) on September 20, 2023, at the Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School in Accra, Ghana. The summit, hosted by Stella Gyimaah Larbi, Ghana’s Most Outstanding Teacher 2023, explored the theme “Nurturing Outstanding Teachers in the Digital Age.”
Check This Out: Ghana Teacher Prize 2023 to be held in Takoradi
The summit’s mission is to spotlight innovation, inspire excellence in teaching, and promote continuous growth among educators. The event featured distinguished speakers and panellists, including:
- Dr. Mrs. Stella Agyenim-Boateng, Chairperson of the summit, emphasized three key principles for aspiring outstanding teachers: embracing a commitment to lifelong learning, creating avenues for continuous development, and cultivating adaptability in a rapidly evolving world.
- Mrs. Mavis Leonards, CEO of Global Sky Limited, emphasized the importance of stepping out of one’s comfort zone to pursue success.
- Mrs. Lucy Amanda Asamoah, National Vice President of the Ghana National Association of Teachers, stressed the need for professional training, development, and reverse mentorship in embracing technological advancements.
- Mr. Gord Afful, a lecturer at KNUST, highlighted the importance of being prepared for complexity and inevitable change and introduced the “TEACH” acronym as a guide for teachers to transform lives.
- Mr. David Osei Amankwah, District Governor of Rotary International District 9104, served as the Guest Speaker, emphasizing the responsible use of technology in education while being mindful of cyber security.
- Hon. Fatimatu Abubakar, Deputy Minister for Information, emphasized the significance of embracing digitalization for professional growth and excellence.
- Hon. Jennifer Dede Adjabeng, Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) of La Nkwantanang Madina Municipal Assembly, underscored the role of motivation in a teacher’s journey.
- Mr. B. Elias Shoniyin, Dean of the School of Global Affairs & Policy at Cuttington University, Liberia, and Dr. Afua Boatemaa Yakohene, Lecturer at the University of Ghana Legon, addressed the importance of lifelong learning, self-care, and community building for educators.
The summit also showcased a captivating poetry recital by Twita Lit, underscoring the pivotal role teachers play in their student’s lives, followed by insights from Mary Darkwa, a newly trained teacher, who shared her perspectives.
A panel discussion, featuring past awardees of the Ghana Teacher Prize, with Ghana’s Most Outstanding Teacher accolade, including Nicholas Mawunyah Gborse (2018), Sabina Koba Dosu (2019), Mr. Ebenezer Kojo Otoo (2021), and Stella Gyimaah Larbi (2022) the convenor, was moderated by Ferdinand Ellis, a Ghanaian Education Blogger, Curricularist and AI Expert in Academia.
They delved into teacher collaborations, challenges, the contributions made in their societies after the award and the way forward.
A second panel discussion, moderated by Stella Gyimaah Larbi, the convenor of the summit focused on the transformative power of teachers and the importance of authenticity, in bridging the gap between educators and other industry experts. This featured Mr. Clifford Heneku Budu, Mrs. Evelyn Osei Tutu, and Franklin Adjetey.
The summit culminated with Mr. Stephen Abamfo, Greater Accra Regional Director for Education, encouraging participants and assuring them of the provision of laptops. The Outstanding Teacher Summit 2023 was officially launched by Mr. Ibrahim Mumuni, District Director of Education for Bongo District, marking a significant milestone in the pursuit of excellence in teaching.
The OuTS 2023 was a resounding success, providing a valuable platform for educators to learn, share, and be inspired. The summit’s focus on digital transformation and its emphasis on lifelong learning, professional development, and collaboration are essential for educators who aspire to meet the demands of the 21st-century classroom.
The OuTS 2023 is a testament to the growing recognition of the importance of teachers in transforming lives and building a better future for Ghana.
For more information about the Outstanding Teacher Summit and future events, please contact 0261341500 or 0554074766.
GET THE LATEST UPDATES IN EDUCATION IN GHANA
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL) HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥