Ferdinand | EducationGhana |May 06| Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Allied Health Sciences
The School of Allied Health Sciences (SAHS) was established in line with the University’s mandate and its method of teaching, research and community work extension.
The School’s programmes focus on human development through the training of qualified health professionals who provide the needed health services in deprived communities in particular to improve on the quality of life of the people.
In line with its Philosophy and Mission, the SAHS provides an integrative approach to learning and developing health professional leaders for roles in building healthy communities.
- MoU with Arima Group of Companies Ghana Limited to provide the finest and latest techniques to students by sharing knowledge through teaching at the University for Development Studies.
- MoU with Pace University (New York) to establish a cooperative relationship through mutual assistance in the areas of joint educational, cultural and research activities, including the exchange of Faculty members and graduate students for research, lectures and discussions, seminars and academic meetings, exchange of academic materials, publications and other information, and special short-term academic programs.
- UBCO Global Nursing Citizen’s Scholarship Award for Graduate Students whose research area is in maternal and child health and community development (2 students from M.CHaD awarded this year).
- Collaboration with the University of British Colombia (UBC), Okanagan for the past sixteen years. The trust of the collaboration is to enhance nursing education, capacity building and to offer exchange programmes.
The School had a student population of Three Thousand, Five Hundred and Twenty-Nine (3,529) during the 2018/2019 academic year, consisting of Thousand, Seven Hundred and Nine (1,709) males and Thousand, Eight Hundred and Twenty (1,820) females. The detailed student population is shown in the Table below.
Departments at UDS Tamale Campus School of Allied Health Sciences
- Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences
- Department of Clinical Chemistry
- Department of Dietetics
- Department of Haematology
- Department of Histology and Histotechnology
- Department of Immunology and Immunodiagnostics
- Department of Infectious Diseases
- Department of Medical Physics and Imaging
- Department of Nutritional Sciences
|#||Department||Head of Department|
|1||Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences||Dr. Lawrence Quaye|
|2||Department of Clinical Chemistry||Mr. Peter Paul Mwinsanga Dapaare|
|3||Department of Dietetics||Prof. Paul Aryee|
|4||Department of Haematology||Mr. Simon Bannison Bani|
|5||Department of Histology and Histotechnology||Ms. Dinah Obenewaa Nkansah|
|6||Department of Immunology and Immunodiagnostics||Mr. Adams Yussif|
|7||Department of Infectious Diseases||Mr. Mensah-Attipoe Israel|
|8||Department of Medical Physics and Imaging||Dr. Abdul Nashirudeen Mumuni|
|9||Department of Nutritional Sciences||Dr. Anthony Kwasi Wemakor|
- UEW Postgraduate Regular, Distance and Sandwich Programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- UDS Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Top 11 Institutions/Centres at UDS and their various Campuses
- Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus Faculty of Educational Studies
- Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus Faculty of Sustainable Development Studies
Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Allied Health Sciences
- BSc Community Nutrition
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology
- Doctor Of Medical Laboratory Science
- MPhil Chemical Pathology
- PhD Chemical Pathology
|1||BSc Community Nutrition||Department of Nutritional Sciences|
|2||BSc Medical Imaging Technology||Department of Medical Physics and Imaging|
|3||Doctor Of Medical Laboratory Science||Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences|
|4||MPhil Chemical Pathology||Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences|
|5||PhD Chemical Pathology||Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences|
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥