Ferdinand | EducationGhana | March 12 | Teaching Category: Selection Criteria and Eligibility for the 2023 Ghana Teacher Prize
SELECTION CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY FOR GHANA TEACHER PRIZE 2023
The Prize is open to all professionally trained and licensed teachers currently working at the pre-tertiary education space (both public and private) and has been teaching for not less than five (5) years.
Applications for the Ghana Teacher Prize will be judged based on a rigorous set of criteria to select a teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession. The final judging committee will look for evidence of:
1. Recognition of a teacher’s achievements in the classroom and beyond from learners, colleagues, heads of schools or members of the wider community.
For example, through local/national awards and certificates.
2. Employ innovative and effective instructional practices that are replicable and scalable. For example, through the innovative use of technology or non-typical instructional techniques that can be replicated in other classrooms.
3. Achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom. For example, through the improvement of student grades and attendance/behaviour; students become achievers in the world of work.
4. Ensuring learners receive value-based education that promotes global citizenship (different religions, cultures, and nationalities, linking up with schools in other parts of the community/ country, promoting exchange programs, excursion)
5. Achievements in the community beyond the classroom that provide unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession and others.
For example, recognition through the media, community awards, talks, seminars and membership of local organizations. How do you bring the community into your classroom?
6. Contribution to teaching and the teaching profession: Public debates, research activities, writing articles, blogs, media participation, social media campaigns, events or conferences.
7. Professional Competence: This category of assessment includes academic/professional qualifications, workshops and seminars, provision of in-service training, and evidence of quality delivery of service. The staff should be well informed, especially about educational policies and issues.
8. Personality Factors: This includes the social, moral and emotional, positive manifestations and role modelling to staff, students, and community.
9. Innovations and creativity: This includes new ways and methods of teaching and the use of technology and coping with work in an era of a pandemic. The teacher sets realistic expectations and demonstrates problem-solving abilities.
- 2022 NOV/DEC Second Series: Over 10,000 candidates fail Mathematics
- 2023 Teachers Promotion Exams: How to request Index numbers and Study Centres
- Top Research Papers to Support Your PhDs in 2023
- Top 10 Strategies to survive the Winter as an International Student in America in 2023
- Categories of Staff that qualify for Top Ranking Allowances in the GES
- NTC calls for Applications for the 2023 Ghana Teacher Prize – APPLY HERE
- Application Software on Teachers Promotion Examination Out – CHECK IT HERE
- February 2023 GES Promotion: Teachers’ Index Numbers and Centres Out
- GES settles on February 28 and March 1 for the 2023 Teachers Promotion Examination
- International Webinar on Mathematics Teacher Noticing scheduled for Today – Join HERE
Based on the above criteria, the nomination of teachers is as follows:
ii. Staff nomination
iii. PTA of School nomination
iv. Community nomination (students, alumni, traditional/religious leaders
v. Union nomination
Interested applicants should apply through the following links:
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check This Out: Top 10 Steps to Register and write Exams in KATon Computing Training Workshop
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
Check This Out: JUST IN: Coalition of Concerned Teachers sacks acting President King Ali Awudu
Prospective Students can also check out the Admission Deadlines for Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as their Entry Requirements before Applying.
They can also check the institutions’ cut off pointsandHow to Applyto the various Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as the institutions’ Fees Schedulesfor any particular Semester or Year.
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get theNaCCA/GES Standard-Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
Download Teachers Guide on SBCand CCP Curriculums HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥