Ferdinand | EducationGhana |May 27| Eligibility, Programmes, Duration and Academic Fees for UCC SWITCH SHS B.ED Programmes
Get all Updates from Ellis Ferdinand on HERE
The University of Cape Coast College of Distance Education (UCC CoDE) in collaboration with the Ashanti Regional Secretariate of the Gana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) has opened Admissions Into B.ED SHS Programmes for Non-SHS Degree Holders in Education for the 2023/2024 Academic Year.
The Programme is known as the SWITCH 3.1 Bachelor of Education Programme
Details of SWITCH 3.1 Bachelor of Education Programme
Kind courtesy Ashanti GNAT
1. Who qualifies to apply?
- Any teacher from anywhere across Ghana who has a degree in basic education and wish to have another degree in secondary education. Diploma or HND holders do not qualify to apply.
If you are already at the senior high school and do not hold the requisite qualification to teach the subject you are handling, this is an opportunity to acquire the certificate.
2. What is the duration of the programme?
Is three (3) semesters in one year. Is a specialisation programme which would afford learners in-depth knowledge in content and pedagogical skills. There will be a teaching practice aspect at the senior high school under supervision.
3. How is the programme going to be organised?
- weekends lecture on face-to-face and a midweek lecture on Zoom.
4. How much will the programme cost?
- it starts with the purchasing of the forms for one hundred and fifty-five cedis at the specified banks or through Momo to generate your pin for the online application via www.ucc.edu.gh.
From the 24th day of May 2023, the forms are available in the banks specified on the flyer.
The deadline for the purchase of forms is 15th July 2023.
- Fees per semester range between 1500 to 1600 with flexible terms of payment.
5. Study centres for the programme?
We have study centres across all the 10 regional capitals and other centres would be created based on the location of the majority of the applicants to ensure the study centres are closer to the students.
In the interim, these are the study centres;
- Sefwi wiaso
- Cape Coast
Other centres may be created to ensure convenience.
6. I am already teaching a subject at the Senior high school, can I apply to acquire a new certificate in other fields?
- yes and no. Yes if you pursued that course as a minor at the university or it is part of the subjects you pursued at the senior high school level then you can. However, an Arts student can not switch to pursue a science programme.
7. Will students be allowed to major in some areas?
- yes, the programme is a specialisation programme. The sciences involve specialisation in physics, chemistry or biology.
Home economics involves specialisation in food and nutrition or clothing and textiles. Core mathematics and elective mathematics.
8. Is it just a certificate programme?
- No, is a full-time university programme just that you are being admitted at level 300 to specialise and complete because you have the fundamentals already.
This is the reason why it is a three-semester programme. The programme has been fully mounted on the University of Cape Coast platform.
With any other concerns or questions, there are contacts on the flyer to help you.
Education Ghana shall be giving updates on this event… Follow Us on Facebook HERE or Ellis Ferdinand HERE
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
- GES announces official dates for the commencement of the 2023 District and Regional Transfers
- NTC announces dates for the issuance of Licenses to Newly Qualified Teachers
- GES releases List of 2023 Successful Recruitment Applicants
- 2023 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination Timetable is Out – CHECK HERE
- NTC gives an official date for the conduct of the 2023 Teachers Licensure Examination
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
- UCC opens 2023/2024 admissions into B.Ed. Distance Programmes for Prospective SHS Teachers
- UDS Admission Form for Undergraduate and Diploma Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year is Out
- UEW opens Distance Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- UEW opens Regular Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Peki College of Education Official 2023/2024 Admission Forms Out -APPLY HERE
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
- The fully Funded University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023/2024
- Global Affairs Canada Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024
- Top 20 Best Fully Funded Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024 – APPLY HERE
- Fully Funded MEDIT/ACI PhD Scholarships in Turkey for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Fully Funded LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarship in Italy 2023/2024
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 2 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 1 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
- Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check This Out: Top 10 Steps to Register and write Exams in KATon Computing Training Workshop
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
Check This Out: JUST IN: Coalition of Concerned Teachers sacks acting President King Ali Awudu
Prospective Students can also check out the Admission Deadlines for Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as their Entry Requirements before Applying.
They can also check the institutions’ cut off pointsandHow to Applyto the various Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as the institutions’ Fees Schedulesfor any particular Semester or Year.
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get theNaCCA/GES Standard-Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
Download the Teachers Guide on SBCand CCP Curriculums HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥