The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is inviting applications from suitably
qualied candidates for appointment as Director of Medical Services.
The Director of Health Services serves as the administrative head of the University Clinic and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar for providing leadership to the facility.
He/She is also responsible for the general administration of the Clinic in respect of human and
material resources within the general framework of UPSA’s statutes and policies and/or as may be determined by the University Council.
The successful candidate will help shape the future of the Clinic in ways consistent with UPSA’s vision and strategic plan. It is expected that the appointed Director will have a distinguished record of clinical expertise and managerial competence.
The position is certain for three years, subject to review and renewal for another three years
based on performance.
The position holder’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop the health services strategy, procedures and processes and a number of activities
related to the delivery of quality medical care and clinical services such as cost management,
utilization of resources, quality assurance, and medical protocol development
2. Establish administrative policies, procedures, and controls to ensure provision of high-
quality health care services to the University Community.
3. Develop clinic protocols, perform physical examinations and identify health care needs of
patients, and monitor treatment progress of patients.
4. Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory rules, regulations and codes relating to the
operations of a medical facility.
5 Provide direct supervision and training to the nursing staff, nursing students, and nurse
practitioners, students. Functions as a health team leader in emergency situations.
6. Participate in providing educational programming for the University student on health issues and provide outreach to the University Community to promote health education.
7. Develop and implement the annual budget of the facility.
The full job description with the comprehensive duties and responsibilities is available at
The successful candidate should have the following qualications, traits, and competencies:
1. Preferably be of at least a Director Rank from a reputable institution;
2. Be capable of providing leadership to the clinic;
3. Proven competencies and experience in leading and managing a Medical Facility;
4. Strong commitment to Service excellence;
5. Knowledge of the laws of Ghana governing the operations of a medical facility;
6. Proven track record of innovative and effective leadership in a Medical facility;
7. Ability to take initiatives leading to innovations.
8. Strong communication and presentation skills;
9. Previous experience in similar position will be an added advantage.
Check This Out: KNUST: Call for Innovative Business Ideas – APPLY HERE
Educational and Professional Qualications
- Must be in good standing with the Medical and Dental Council of Ghana
- Member of the Ghana Medical Association
- Minimum qualication of MBChB
1. A minimum of 15 years cumulative Managerial and Clinical experience.
2. A broad knowledge base and experience in clinical care
- MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should download Application Form from the University of Professional
Studies, Accra (UPSA) website:
- Completed application forms together with detailed resumes and photocopies of relevant
certicates and names of three referees who are conversant with applicant’s
academic/professional competence should be forwarded to:
UNIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, ACCRA,
POST OFFICE BOX LG 149
Check This Out: It is comparatively advantageous acquiring a Teaching Certificate from College than University – Ellis Ferdinand
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAEC Marking SchemesHERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard-Based Lesson PlansHERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
Download Teachers Guide on SBC and CCP Curriculums HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥