Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the position of a College Counsellor at Accra College of Education.
The Accra College of Education, originally known as the Accra Teacher Training College has passed through three phases in its existence.
It has assumed different names, ran different teacher-training programmes and occupied different sites at various stages.
It existed during the colonial period and post-independent Ghana until its present tertiary status.
- The Counsellor is responsible for offering counselling services to both tutors and students as well as career advisory services in the College, in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the Colleges of Education Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, and the Academic Board.
- The Counsellor is also responsible for the general administration of the Unit in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of the College policy.
- The Counsellor is to ensure that approved programmes and functions of the Unit are duly carried out by members of the Unit.
Required Skills or Experience
- The candidate should possess a good first degree and a Master’s degree in Guidance and Counseling, with relevant work experience.
- In addition, the applicant must have:
- Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in College management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and,
- Considerable experience in dealing with students at the tertiary level.
Check This Out: Atebubu College of Education Recruitment 2020 – APPLY HERE!
Method of Application
- Applications should be addressed to.
Check This Out: Return all Near-Expiry Food Products to NAFCO – GES to SHS Heads
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER 0506440219
National E-Learning guidelines for Pre-Tertiary Institutions Out – CHECK HERE
Get the WAEC Marking Schemes HERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE