The University of Cape Coast(UCC) College of Education Studies has released the calendar for the First Session of the First Semester of the Bachelor of Education (B.ed) Sandwich Program for Diploma in Basic Education holders for the 2020/21 Academic year.
According to the calendar, there shall be Preparation and population of course teaching and learning materials unto the e-learning platform from Monday, October 19 to 25, 2020.
The calendar further stated, that Uploading of students onto the e-learning platform shall take place on Friday, October 23, 2020, of which the online lectures shall begin Monday, October 26, 2020.
Modalities for Online Lectures
The Institute of Education has put the following modalities in place to make the online teaching and learning sessions effective-the under listed points are the measures put in place to enhance the success of the course:
- Lecturers are expected to cover half the content of the course outline from 26h October, 2020
to 18 December. 2020. The other half will be covered after the Christmas Holidays
- Lecturers should prepare voice or video recordings on topics to be covered for the semester.
They should make sure that the voice or video recordings do not exceed 20 minutes
- Lecturers can also make use of PowerPoint presentations with a voice-over. explaining the content of the presentation.
- Lecturers MAY schedule an hour virtual session with students every week using ZOOM or other video conferencing software. Lecturers and their students must agree on the date, day and time.
- Lecturers and students should use WhatsApp and or Telegram group platforms for discussions, further explanations of concepts/aspects of topics not clear to them.
- Students are encouraged to use the IOELMS platform as regularly as possible.
- Support staff have been assigned to the various Study Centres to manage the E-Learning Platform-LMS. Lecturers and students who encounter difficulty should contact them. Their contact details will be provided on the platform.
Check This Out: The New Structure of Pre-tertiary Education in Ghana
However, activities are scheduled as follows:
|1||Monday, October 19 to 25, 2020||Preparation and population of course teaching and learning materials unto the e-learning platform|
|2||Friday, October 23, 2020||Uploading of students onto the e-learning platform|
|3||Monday, October 26, 2020||Online Lectures begin|
|4||Friday December 19, 2020||End of online lectures|
|5||December 2020/ January 2021 (holiday)||Tutorials and quiz I|
|6||April/May, 2021 (Holiday)||Tutorials, Quiz II and End of first semester exams|
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Scheme of Learning (SOL) HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAEC Marking SchemesHERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson PlansHERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE