The Conference of Principals of Colleges of Education (PrinCof) has reopened the application into the 46 public Colleges of Education for the 2020/2021 academic year, for Graduates of the 2020 WASSCE whose results were released by WAEC to apply.
Interested candidates who wish to apply and gain admission into any of the 46 public Colleges of Education in the next academic year thus have two weeks to do so.
After the application process, successful candidates will be offered admission into any of the 46 public Colleges of Education they applied to offer a 4 –year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree programme with a specialization in Early Grade Education, Primary Education and Junior High School Education.
Interested candidates who wish to gain admission to any of the Colleges are to take advantage of the extension and apply.
Admission Requirements for WASSCE/SSSCE holders:
- WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study
- Candidates with the MAY/JUNE, 2020 WASSCE and NABPTEX RESULTS can also apply
Online Application Procedure:
Applicants will first make a payment of One Hundred and Fifteen Cedis, Fifty Pesewas (GHC115.50) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
ii) Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialling short code *924*8# from all networks.
- Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- An Admission Application Serial Number.
- The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
- Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
- Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should, therefore, provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
- Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
- Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NB: Applicants should note that each of the forty-six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated to five major public Universities and certificates would be awarded to students who complete their course of study by the affiliate University.