EducationGhana| January 13|GES Council Members: The Hon. Minister for Education, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum, on Thursday, January 13, 2022, inaugurated the Governing Council of the Ghana Education Service at a short swearing-in ceremony.
Check This Out: Teachers’ Professional Development Allowance paid with ‘controversies’
He congratulated the Council members for their appointment on the GES Council and called on them to bring their wide knowledge and expertise to bear on Pre-tertiary Education in order to help the President and the Government train young Ghanaians to become relevant in the fourth revolution job space—the digital age.
Check This Out: JUST IN: Jonathan Dzunu elected TTAG National President
The GES Council has a core function of advising the Minister of Education on policy formulation and the coordination of approved national policies, programmes and standards relating to Basic and Senior High Education delivery.
The governing body of the Education Service has its membership drawn from various Institutions including, the West African Examination Council (WAEC), the National Schools Inspectorate Authority (NaSIA), the National Teaching Council (NTC), the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA), the Teacher Unions, the Ministry of Education (MoE), the Local Government Service Council (LGSC), the Faith-Based Organisations (FBOs), and the Non-teaching Staff of the GES (TEWU).
GES Council Members
The councilmembers include;
1. Mr Michael Nsowah President’s Nominee as Chairman
2. Prof Kwesi Opoku Amankwa , the Director General of GES as a Member
3. Very Rev. Ama Afo Blay, a President’s nominee as a Member
4. Mrs Wendy E. Addy- Lamptey, WAEC as a Member
5. Dr Christian Addai Poku, National Teaching Council, NTC as a Member
6. Chief Director, Ministry of Education as a Member
7. Dr Haggar Hilda Ampadu, National School Inspectorate Authority, NaSIA as a Member
8. Dr Edward Appiah, National Council for Curriculum and Assessment, NaCCA as a Member
9. Mr James Oppong Mensah, Local Government Service Council, LGSC, as a Member
10. Rev Bismark Anarba Akandi, Non Teaching Staf, TEWU, GES as a Member
11. Retired Rev Paa Solomon Grant Esselfie, Teacher Unions on Rotational Basis as a Member
12. Pending, Faith-Based Organisations, FBOs as a Member
Download the Academic Calendar HERE
Check This Out: JUST IN: Coalition of Concerned Teachers sacks acting President King Ali Awudu
Prospective Students can also check out the Admission Deadlines for Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as their Entry Requirements before Applying.
They can also check the Institions’ cut off pointsandHow to Applyto the various Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as the Insitutions’ Fees Schedulesfor any particular Semester or Year.
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get theNaCCA/GES Standard-Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
Download Teachers Guide on SBCand CCP Curriculums HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥