EducationGhana| April 25| 2022: Important Update on GES Occupational Pension Scheme :
• A retiree contributor will benefit from Tier 2 as his/her Lump Sum, and SSNIT which is mandated for the payment of monthly pension salary.
• Contributors who were in the Service before 2016 should note that on retirement, they have Past Credit (a sizeable Lump Sum to be collected from SSNIT) in addition to their Tier 2 Lump Sum. This is a result of accumulated funds in a suspended account between 2010 and 2016 before the funds were released to the various Fund Managers.
• Contributors who were appointed in 2016 and beyond are not entitled to any Past Credit from SSNIT when they retire.
• Contributors “who have been born and reborn” (have different Dates of Birth at GES and at SSNIT) whether deliberately or unintentionally, have created serious problems for themselves.
• Those who have the same dates as mentioned above, but have a different dates of birth on their National ID (Ghana) Card, have problems similar to those mentioned above. This is because any different Date of Birth, the system will recognize as a different person; and as such, your accumulated contribution will be suspended in that account searching for its rightful owner who has metamorphosized with the date of birth.
• With a different Date of Birth on your Ghana Card which might be accidental, you cannot claim your benefits after retirement.
• Contributors who have problems as mentioned above, should correct all those anomalies in time before pension so that all the dates commensurate (tally) for easy claiming of benefits.
• Periodically, contributors are urged to update their beneficiaries to effect the necessary changes.
• Tier 2 became operational without contributors being made to input any beneficiary as it pertains to SSNIT. This means many contributors below the age of 60, have died in the last two years; and their Tier 2 Lump Sum were not claimed by any beneficiary due to that lapse.
• Various Immediate Supervisors who have attended their GESOPS Training, after In-Service Training for their subordinates, are to provide photocopies of Contributor Enrolment Form to them to fill.
• After filling the form, it should be endorsed and stamped by the Immediate Supervisors after which it should be scanned and uploaded onto the GESOPS Portal (https;/ /www.gespensions.com.gh) for imputing information into the system.
• Without either the endorsement or stamp of Your Immediate Supervisor (Headteacher/master/mistress, SISOs, HoDs, Managers, e.t.c), your uploaded Contributor Enrolment Form* will be outrightly rejected by the system.
• Your SSNIT beneficiaries *are not necessarily the same ones to use for your Tier 2. You can make, omissions, insertions, maintain them all, or totally overhaul them.
• If the number of your beneficiaries exceeds FIVE (5), request for additional Form.
• There is NO limitation to the number of beneficiaries. However, *ensure that your allocation of benefit sums up to 100%.
• If all the beneficiaries are minors, ensure that you include one adult (probably the mother/father of the children) who can make claims in your “catastrophic absence” *through a Letter of Consent.
• Without any adult among the beneficiaries, in case of any misfortune (death of contributor), your Tier 2 Lump Sum *will be withheld in your account till any of the minor beneficiaries attains the age of eighteen (18).
• Ensure that you input the correct date (s) of Birth of your beneficiaries that correspond to those on their Birth Certificates; or the same dates used on the Form above will be used in the processing of the “ID (Ghana Card). Otherwise, *they cannot make claims.*
• Tier 3, which is voluntary by the contributor, shouldn’t exceed 16% of the contributor’s basic salary.
*How To Register On The Member Portal
Step 1: Click on Member Login on the Web Address– www.gespensions.com.gh
Step 2: Click on *create one* to Register for the GESOPS Portal.
Step 3: Enter Staff ID and SSNIT Number.
Step 4: Verification information provided.
Step 5: Enter your Email Address and create a Password.
Step 6: Enter Staff ID and Password.
After completing the above, you can:
• view your Statement
• view your beneficiaries
• Upload Claims
• Make Date of Birth corrections
• Reset your Password (forgot)
For further explanations, contact GESOPS through their contacts given below:
• E-mail: [email protected]
• WhatsApp: 0271900977
• Phone: 0596921135/0506929009,
Right Wing First Floor SSNIT Emporium Airport City, Accra.
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥