EducationGhana| July 10| 2022 COLA STRIKE: Teachers proposed 13 Allowances for New Salary Negotiations:
A Ghanaian Teacher, Koranteng Obeng and a member of the Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) in collaboration with teachers across the country are requesting a list of 13 allowances for their next salary negotiation.
Read the Proposal below:
Each allowance should appear as a separate item on the pay slip not consolidated as we have it currently.
1. Inconvenience allowance:
– taking children out for co-curricular activities
– poor ventilation of classrooms.
– the task of maintaining order and class control.
2. Risk allowance
– health risks of dust from chalk particles
– health risks of continuous talking and standing with its effect on the lungs and waist respectively.
– weak classroom blocks
3. Rent allowance
4. Transportation allowance
5. Clothing allowance
6. Marking allowance
7. Credit facility at a reduced rate possible can be negotiated for teachers, it’s done at other sectors, eg, audit service] to purchase a house or means of transportation.
8. Class size allowance
9. Extra duty allowance
10. Child support [scholarship for up to 3 children]
LI (Legislative Instrument) that at the end of every academic year, every teacher in any public pre-tertiary institution of Ghana shall be paid an amount equivalent to 50% of his or her total annual salary or 10% of his or her total salary for the number of years he or she has served as a teacher without breaking service.
12. Entertainment allowance. To release stress we need to go out with family n friends.
13. Utility allowance.
14. We can add more
@+233 24 271 6708
@Koranteng Obeng(GNAT Dist)
Term 2: Nursery, KG to Basic 6 Weekly Scheme of Learning Download
Term 2 JHS 1 TO 3 Sample Weekly Scheme of Learning >>>> Download
Term 2 Week 1: Basic 7 (JHS 1) Sample Lesson Plans >>>>> Download
CCP Curriculum Training Manual for Basic 7 to 9 Teachers >>> Download
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥