Applications are invited from suitably qualified Mature Candidates for admission into first degree programmes of the University of Cape Coast (ucc) for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Applicants are to buy application E-Vouchers which are up for sale at the Centres listed below:
1.0 SALES CENTRES
- Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast (Mode of payment – CASH)
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra (Mode of payment – CASH)
- I-J Consult, Millennium City, (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road), Kasoa (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Ghana Post Company Limited (Regional and District Capitals) – (Mode of payment – CASH)
- All Network Branches of GCB Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of ADB Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of GT Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of ARB Apex Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Republic Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Consolidated Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Prudential Bank Nationwide
- All Network Branches of Zenith Bank Nationwide
COST OF E-VOUCHERS (Application Fee)
- Local Applicants – GH₵ 220.00
The deadlines for the sale of application e-vouchers and the submission of completed application forms are Friday, 7th May, 2021 and Friday, 14th April, 2021 respectively.
2.0 ONLINE APPLICATIONS
- Applicants should visit apply.ucc.edu.gh then click on Regular Programmes/Graduate Distance Application and proceed with the application process. Applicants should select the MATURE application type.
Applicants are advised to read application instructions very carefully before completing the online application form. They should do well to verify their SSSCE/WASSCE results.
3.0 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE CANDIDATES
Applicants seeking admission as Mature Candidates must;
- be, at least, Twenty-Five (25) years old by 14th May, 2021. A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate issued not less than five (5) years from the day of completing the application form should be enclosed with the application materials.
- have any one of the following:
- Minimum of Senior High School Certificate
- Teacher’s Cert. ‘A’
- NVTI Certificate
- NABPTEX Certificate
- a) Applicants who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at either SSSCE/WASSCE or GCE ‘O’ Level would be required to register for and pass special examinations in those subjects after payment of a fee of GH₵00 per subject.
- b) All applicants are also required to pay GH₵00 to cover cost of examination and preparatory classes fees
- c) (a) and (b) above will be paid on arrival.
4.0 ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
4.1 Main Papers
The main examinations for candidates will comprise;
- General Paper
- Aptitude Test
4.2 Special/Practical Papers
- Special examinations in Mathematics and English Language for candidates who do not have credit passes at G.C.E. ‘O’ Level (grade 6 or better) or WASSCE/SSSCE (grade C6/D or better).
- Practical examinations will be conducted for candidates applying for the Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Education (Health, Physical Education & Recreation) programmes on a date which will be communicated to successful applicants.
4.3 Dates for Examinations
- Thursday, 3rd June, 2021 – General Paper and Aptitude Test
- Friday, 4th June, 2021 – Special Papers in Mathematics and English
4.4 Preparatory Classes
PREPARATORY CLASSES WILL BE RUN FOR ALL APPLICANTS BY THE UNIVERSITY from Monday, 17th May, 2021 to Tuesday, 1st June, 2021 on selected topics to enhance their chances of passing the entrance examination. Applicants are expected to report to campus on Sunday, 15th May, 2021. An orientation programme will be held for all applicants on Monday, 17th May, 2021 at 9:00 am prompt in CA Ackah Lecture Theatre 2 (CAALT 2) before the start of the preparatory classes. All applicants are expected to participate in the orientation programme.
Applicants are encouraged to make their own accommodation arrangements with the Halls of residence (at a subsidized rate of Ten Ghana Cedis per night) at the North campus of the University (New Site) for the period of the preparatory classes and the examinations.
4.6 Placement of Successful Applicants
Successful applicants will, on admission, be placed at Level 100 of their respective programmes of choice.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS
(a) Copies of completed online application forms (confirmation pages) accompanied by photocopies of results slip(s), birth certificate, payment slips or receipts, transcripts (where applicable) and other relevant documents should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand.
Completed online application forms should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), the University of Cape Coast not later than Friday, 14th May 2021.
Applicants are to ensure that copies of the application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
(b) No additional documents will be accepted after the submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips (not returnable) should accompany completed forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration.
A change of programme after the submission of the application form would NOT be entertained.
6.0 PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
Mature candidates are advised to select only programmes that are listed below.
|FACULTY OF ARTS|
|B.A. (African Studies)|
|B. A. (Communication Studies)|
|B.A. (Theatre Studies)|
|FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|B.Sc (Tourism Management)|
|B.A. (Population & Health)|
|B.A. (Social Sciences)|
|B.Sc (Hospitality Management)|
|SCHOOL OF BUSINESS|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement & Supply Chain Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)|
|FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION|
|B.Ed (Social Sciences)|
|B.Ed (Social Studies)|
|FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION|
|B.Ed (Health, Physical Education and Recreation)|
|B.Ed (Computer Science)|
|B.Ed (Home Economics)|
|B.Ed. (Communication Design)|
|Bachelor of Fine Art Education (Painting and Sculpture)|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS|
|B.Ed (Junior High School Education)|
|B.Ed (Primary Education)|
|B.Ed (Early Childhood Education)|
|SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE|
|B.Sc (Animal Production)|
|B.Sc (Agricultural Extension and Community Development)|
Check This Out: It is comparatively advantageous acquiring a Teaching Certificate from College than University – Ellis Ferdinand
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAEC Marking SchemesHERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson PlansHERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥