The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) has said that the Common Core Program (CCP) Curriculum for JHS 1 to SHS 1 Students, when implemented, shall introduce students to computer software programming and internet safety to promote lifelong learning.
NaCCA in a statement issued on January 13, 2021 by its Acting Director-General, John Mensah Anang, said the Council was responding to media publications and misinterpretation on the CCP Curriculum.
About CCP Curriculum
The Common Core Programme (CCP) Curriculum is a four-year education programme designed to offer learners in Basic 7 to Basic 10 (JHS1 – SHS1) the opportunity to prepare for higher education and the world of work or both.
NaCCA thereby outlined some key features pf the CCP Curriculum, explaining that the CCP Curriculum is made up of nine learning areas, namely: Languages, Mathematics, Science, Creative Arts and Design, Computing, Career Technology, Physical and Health Education, Social Studies and Religious and Moral Education.
Key Features of the CCP Curriculum
- Introduction of Project Work, Community Service and engagement to link classroom learning to real life.
- Introduction of Technical and Vocational Courses such as Career Technology, Creative Arts and Designs for all Learners from JHS 1 to SHS1 in order to equip them with the relevant technical and vocational skills.
- Introduction of computer software programming and internet safety to promote lifelong learning.
- Emphasis on values such as respect, diversity, equity, commitment to excellence, truth and integrity to promote patriotism.
- Assessment of Knowledge, skills, core competencies, attitudes and values with emphasis on what learners can do.
According to NaCCA, learners will continue to write examinations at the end of JHS 3 for placement into Senior High Schools.
The statement further indicated, that in SHS 1, learners will continue to offer the same set of subjects.
”After completing SHS1, the learners can either branch into Academic or Career pathways.” the statement said.
SHS 2 and 3
NaCCA however noted, that in the next phase of the Curriculum and Assessment review, NaCA in conjunction with other stakeholders will review the curricular for SHS 2and 3 as well as the Associated Assessment Provisions.
Check This Out: Adutwum sponsors 30 students to study Engineering at UMaT
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Scheme of Learning (SOL) HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAEC Marking SchemesHERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson PlansHERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥