The Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Sports of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) invites qualified applicants for admission into MPhil in Physical Education & Sports Studies Programme for the 2020/2021Academic Year.
- Adapted Physical Education
- Curriculum Studies
- Exercise Science
- Recreation and Leisure Education
- Socioeconomic of Sports
- Sports Management
- Programme Objectives
The MPhil Programme is designed to train qualified teachers to teach at the university and other tertiary institutions in the country. Also, the MPhil programme will facilitate or enable candidates to engage in meaningful inquiry and research in teaching and teacher education.
Specifically, the MPhil Programme will, among other, help:
- promote research and provide a fundamental knowledge base of teaching physical education and sports in Ghana.
- provide skills in the development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum in physical education and sports.
- promote skill proficiency and an understanding of the expectations of the physical education and sports studies profession.
- Entrance Requirements
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education/Sports Coaching/ Hospitality & Tourism Management (e.g. B.Ed., BSc) from the University of Education (UEW)/ the University of Cape Coast (UCC) or its equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field to Physical Education/Sports/Recreation & Leisure management.
- Only applicants with M.Ed. or equivalent qualification in Physical Education/Sports may be required to complete the M. Phil programme within two semesters.
- Applicants must pass an interview.
- Nature and Duration of Programme
The programme is organized around 36 credit hours of course work. Twelve credit hours of core courses; 12 credits of required course work in teacher education/computing; 6 credit hours of compulsory research work (dissertation); and 6 credit hours of optional course work.
Check This Out: GES to issue Press Statement on the Posting of 2017, 2018 and 2019 College Graduates
Cost Of Online Application Forms
Closing date for submission of application forms
30th November 2020
How to Apply
1. Obtain an Application Voucher from the following avenues:
- ADB Bank
- GCB Bank
- Prudential Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Ghana Post Offices
- UEW Campuses Cash Office
- E-Voucher Service (Mobile Money)
Steps to access the E-Voucher service
Check This Out: Continuous Professional Development Allowances paid Teachers not a free Money – NAPO
- Dial *887*18# (on all Networks)
- Enter UEW
- Select preferred Form Type
- Authorise Payment
- SMS of Voucher is sent to payer after successful payment
2. Visit the University’s website at www.uew.edu.gh. Click on Admissions, and select Apply Online >>>. Log in with your Voucher Serial Number and PIN, fill an appropriate application form and submit online.
For more info contact: 0503962283