How to Apply for UPSA Distance Learning Programs, Entry Requirements for 2021/22 Academic Year
Applications are invited from qualified applicants for admission to the under-listed Postgraduate Programmes by Distance Leaning, offered in blended mode with more than 70% online learning interactions and activities, for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting and Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Auditing
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Corporate Governance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing
Flexibility and Structure of Distance Learning Programme
The programmes are offered in blended mode with more than 70% online activities and interactions. The online activities include but not limited to:
- Online teaching and learning
- Delivery of course materials
- Lecturer to students and students to students’ interactions
- Supervision of project work
- Assessments- assignments and interim assessments
- Electronic tutoring (e-tutoring)
- Course evaluation (lecturer/Student evaluation)
- General information dissemination
Courses will be delivered in a modular format to be taken by students one course at a time. This means students will take a course/module one at a time within 5 weeks as follows:
- Week 1 to 4 – online activities and interactions
- End of week 4 – Face-to-face or E-Tutoring (live session) for revision
- End of Week 5 – End of course/module face-to-face examination*
There will be two weeks break at the end of taking three (3) courses in succession.
General Entry Requirements
Applicants who possess any of the following can apply:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university/institution in relevant discipline with;
- a second class lower or better
- a third class, however such applicants will be required to go through screening and selection interview to ascertain their suitability for admission
- Relevant recognized full professional qualification such as ICAG, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, CPA, ICSA and CIB.
- International applicants with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in related fields established by NAB. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
Information Technology Proficiency Requirement (ITPR)
In additions to the above requirements, applicants shall also be required to possess information technology skills in order to access and use e-resources and participate in e-learning based activities, interactions and assessments. The basic ITPR include the following:
- Demonstrate ability to use an end device such as desktop or laptop computer, smart phone or a tablet to access internet resources and communicate with others, and for folder and file management.
- Demonstrate ability to use a word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software to prepare assignments, reports, and other scholarly contents
- Demonstrate ability to use basic web 2.0 technologies such as
- General or scholarly search engines
- Social engineering platforms
How to Apply
Purchase of Online Serial Numbers (OSN):
Online Serial Numbers (OSN) for UPSA are available for purchase at the cost of GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and US$120.00 for International Applicants at the following sales points:
- Any Ecobank or Access Bank branch nation-wide
- Any Ghana Post (Post Office) branch nation-wide
- By Visa/Master Card/Mobile Money using the link http://interpayafrica.com/custom/upsa
- By mobile money (all networks) short code: *887*18#
Completion of Online Application Form
All applications must be completed on-line i.e
- Log on to admissions.upsa.edu.gh
- Use the Online Serial Numbers (OSN) and the receipt number to access the on-line application form.
- Fill in the application form and submit it online
Attachment of Supporting Documents
All applicants are expected to scan and attach the following documents to their online application forms. All such documents should be in PDF format.
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Certified copies of transcript (s) of academic records
- Certificates confirmed by the professional body is required for professional applicants
- Birth certificate
- Two (2) completed referee reports
- Vision statement for MBA/MSc. applicant
- Research proposal for MPhil applicants