COVID-19: Health Minister’s BoG Hospital VIP Comment ‘misspoken’ – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah

The Minister of Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has said the Minister of Health, Kwaku Agyeman Manu “misspoke” when he indicated that the Bank of Ghana Hospital will only be treating VIPs and its staff who may be infected with the Coronavirus disease also known as COVID-19.

The Minister of Health, Kwaku Agyeman Manu at a press briefing on Wednesday indicated that the bank had made available two floors of its hospital to host 20 beds for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.

Kwaku Agyeman Manu said because the Ministry of Health did not have jurisdiction over the facility, it agreed with the Bank of Ghana to treat only the central bank’s staff and some VIPs.

“We have had engagements with the Bank of Ghana and they have released two floors [of BoG hospital] to take care of 20 beds for our use. Because the facility does not belong to the Ministry of Health, Bank of Ghana has agreed that their own people and some VIP personnel will be allowed there,” the Minister said.

The development sparked public outrage with many critiquing the Central Bank for opening up the facility for only a select group of people in the country.

Mr. Nkrumah on Citi TV’s Point of View admitted that his colleague might have not given the right information.

“I think he probably misspoke and the Bank has provided some clarity,” Mr. Nkrumah said.

The Bank of Ghana clarified that the hospital will be “available for the benefit of the general public.”

The Bank further assured the public of its support as the country fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

Check This Out : COVID-19: Online Program on Core Subjects for SHS Students begins – NAPO

Read the statement below:

COVID-19: Health Minister's BoG Hospital VIP Comment 'misspoken' - Kojo Oppong Nkrumah | 1

195 cases in Ghana

195 cases of COVID-19 have so far been confirmed in the country as of April 1, 2020.

The number includes five deaths and 3 recoveries.

49 patients have also been discharged from hospitals and being managed at home.

Those people are pending further tests to confirm their negative status from COVID-19. ‘

If the repeated tests prove negative, they will be deemed recovered.

SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER 0506440219

Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Scheme of Learning (SOL) HERE

Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard – Based Curriculum HERE

Get the  WAEC Marking Schemes HERE

Get the NaCCA/GES Standard -Based Lesson Plans HERE

Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE


Discover more from EducationGhana

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Previous articleOnline Portal for Education delivery and Assessment for Private Schools launched
Next articleGhana’s COVID-19 case rises to 204 with more foreigners adding up
Ellis Ferdinand
Ellis Ferdinand is a Journalist, Blogger and Founder of Ellis Multimedia, a parent company of EducationGhana.org, an Online Education News Blog, PoliticsGhana.com and GhanaNaija.net. Ellis Ferdinand is a Graduate of Accra College of Education and the University of Cape Coast, where he obtained a Diploma In Basic Education and a Bachelor of Education in Accounting. He is currently Reading his Master of Philosophy in Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies at the University of Education, Winneba in Ghana. Ellis Ferdinand won Blogger of the Year at the 2018 National Students’ Awards and was also adjudged 14th Best Ghanain Blogger in 2018 among the Top 50 Ghanaian Bloggers of 2018. He introduced the Concept of Education Blogging in Ghana in 2014 with his famous blog EducationGhana.net. now EducationGhana.org His Blog won Best Media Promoting Education in 2017, 2018 and 2019 respectively, an Award organized by Neogenics Education Consult. In 2019, He adjudged the Most Promising West African Blogger of the Year in Nigeria. He won Writer of the Year at the 2021 EDUCOM AWARDS

What's your take on this Latest Development?