Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Early childhood Programme is being offered in almost all Education related Universities and Colleges of Education in Ghana,
The B.ED Early Childhood programme focuses on training students with professional competence and dedicated focus on giving children from Four (4) to Eight (8) years the best possible start to life.
Incredible development takes place during the very few years of growth in children. Early childhood is seen as the most significant stage of any child’s development as the brain and psychological changes that occur impacts his or her entire life. The more stimulating the environment is for the child, the more he or she grows intellectually and learns rapidly.
The sensitivity of children during these stages makes it of utmost importance to ensure that they receive the best care and education in order for them to reach their full cognitive and social potential.
The programme, therefore, covers in-depth study of child development and learning as well as units of study in key learning areas. It looks at (languages, Arts, Mathematics, Health and Wellbeing and Science) and examines the important relationships between the early childhood educator, parents, caregivers and the community.
Goal / Objectives of B.Ed Early childhood Programme
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will:
1. Develop deep affective, cognitive, technical and creative skills to teach effectively at the basic education level.
2. Develop advanced knowledge of teaching and learning and apply these in their professional practice.
3. Demonstrate ethical understanding and scholarly practice to extend professional practice through enquiry and research.
4. understand the diverse range of cultural practices, safety and well being, and demonstrate responsive relationships with children, families and other stakeholders.
5. Develop professional leadership, values and commitment to inclusion and social justice.
6. Develop research and problem-solving skills and be able to analyze and interpret data to inform policy, planning and practice.
Check This Out: Education Act does not separate College Exams from Licensure Exams for Licensing of Teacher Trainees – NDC
Career Opportunities for B.Ed Early childhood Programme Graduates
Graduates of the programme can be employed as:
1. Professional teachers for the Ghanaian and international market.
2. School heads of first cycle education institutions.
3. Supervisors of Basic Schools.
4. Researchers in various organisations.
5. Entrepreneurs in school establishments
6. Tutors of Colleges of Education
7. Proprietress of Early Childhood Centers
9. Child rights advocates
Check This Out: It is comparatively advantageous acquiring a Teaching Certificate from College than University – Ellis Ferdinand
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAEC Marking Schemes HERE
Get the NaCCA/GES Standard-Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the WAEC BECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
Download Teachers Guide on SBC and CCP Curriculums HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥