Kotor Asare, a Lecturer at the University of Education (UEW) Kumasi Campus has been voted as the Lecturer of the year at the 2020 National Students Awards.
The award ceremony which was held at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in Kumasi saw other distinguished winners taking home enviable recognitions.
About Kotor Asare
Kotor Asare is a lecturer, an early childhood education teacher educator and a mentor, who holds BE.d in Early Childhood Education and M. Phil in Educational Leadership with special emphasis on Curriculum Studies from University of Education, Winneba-Ghana.
He lectures full time at University of Education, Winneba- Kumasi Campus – Ghana in the area of Teacher education and educational psychology.
He began his teaching profession as a basic school teacher in 2001, having been awarded with Teachers Certificate A from Wesley College, Kumasi.
After his bachelor’s degree, he worked as a kindergarten teacher and head of Pre-school department of SOS Herman Gmeiner School in Kumasi.
In the area of research and technical writing, he has published scholarly peer-reviewed articles in the international academic community on curriculum, assessment and early childhood teacher education-related issues.
Currently, he is reading a double P.h.D. in the area of early childhood education and curriculum studies with University of South Africa and Central Escolar University in the Philippines respectively.
Student Personality of the year 2020: GRACE OHEMAAH BEDIAKO (GIMPA)
- Student President of the Year 2020: SARAH AABOBYEBR (Gushegu Nursing and Midwifery)
- Women Commissioner of the Year 2020: JESISCA TWUMASI, University of Ghana (City Campus)
- Secretary of the Year 2020: INNES EWURAKUA ANDREA (UMaT)
- Treasurer of the Year 2020: SAMUEL OBENG (University of Ghana)
- PRO of the Year 2020: KWARTENG-AGYEMANG VASTY, SDANMTC KWADASO
- Student Journalist of the Year 2020: OSMAN ABUBAKARI-SADIQ, (Ghana Institute of Journalism)
- Student Entrepreneur of the Year 2020: COLLINS MIEZAH NZEH (University of Education, Winneba)
- Student Sports Personality of the year 2020: IBRAHIM MOHAMMED NINCHE (Islamic University College)
- High School Personality of the Year 2020: CHRISTIAN ABEIKU MORRISON (Mpasatia Senior High School)
- Basic School Personality of the year 2020: KELVIN ODARTEI CRUICKSHANK (CHANTAN M/A BASIC SCHOOL)
- Rising Star of the Year 2020: CHRISTIAN MAWUENYEGA (University of Education wineeba)
- Student MC of the Year 2020: OWUSU MICHAEL (Mc Cobbymyke) University of Education Winneba
- Student DJ of the Year 2020: KWESI ARHIN ASSAN (DJ SPINCHO), University for Development Studies, Wa
15.Most Outstanding Beauty Queen of the Year: ENAM TUGBEFIA (Enam GMB 2019) Wisconsin International University
- National Student Association of the year 2020: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS (NANS GHANA CHAPTER)
- Student Blogger of the year 2020: ANSAH EMMANUEL, (Presbyterian College of Education Akropong Akwapem)
- Campus Group of the year 2020 UNITED NATIONS STUDENTS ASSOCIATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST (UNSA-UCC)
- Student Author of the year 2020: ANTHONY GOODNUFF APPIAH LARBI (Kings University College)
- Dean of the year 2020: MRS. LORETTA SYLVIA TETTEH (Wisconsin International University College)
- National Best Students’ Lecturer 2020: MR. KOTOR ASARE (University of Education, Winneba Kumasi Campus)
- Principal of the year 2020: APOSTLE CHRISTOPHER AFFUM NYARKO (Apostolic University College)
- Most outstanding Chief (in supporting education) 2020: NANA ADUSEI ATWENEWAH AMPEM I (TEPA MANHENE)
- Most Influential Student Leader 2020: YIADOM BOAKYE EMMANUEL (KNUST)
- Most Inspiring Student Leader 2020: ADJEI-KYEREH RONALD, (Nurses Training College, Pantang)
- Most Outstanding MCE (In Supporting Education): HON. OSEI ASSIBEY ANTWI (KMA)
- Students Bank of the Year: Ecobank Ghana
- CEO of the Year (In Entrepreneurial Development for Young People) : Hon. Stephen Amoah