Ferdinand | EducationGhana |May 30|Transfer GHC1.3billion average cost of SHS Tablets to the Provision of Textbooks and Desks for the Basic Schools – Kofi Asare
Get all Updates from Ellis Ferdinand HERE
Source of Money for the Project
The Executive Director of Africa Education Watch, Kofi Asare has earlier reiterated, that the government’s continuous support for the Senior High Schools against the underdeveloped Basic Education was very unfortunate.
He made this assertion when speaking to Alfred Ocansey on TV 3 News at 10 on Monday Night, May 29, 2023.
RECOMMENDED: Government ready to replace textbooks with laptops at the SHS this year – Bawumia assures
Alfred Ocansy earlier questioned Kofi, and the President of the National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT), Angel Carbonou on the decision of the Government to distribute Tablets to SHS students this year to replace Textbooks at the SHS level.
But Kofi Asare, who lauded the decision to introduce e-books to the education sector to augment the new era in educational technology, however, he disagreed with the timing and the preference.
Kofi indicated, that the government earlier indicated it was running the Free SHS positively by providing textbooks to all students in hard copies, of which giving them tablets containing the same textbooks was an opportunity cost looking at other necessities in the education sector.
He also reminded the government to look into providing desks for the basic schools that are lacking desks across the country, as well as the Junior High and Primary levels that are lacking new curriculum textbooks rather than spending the money on tablets for the SHS students.
Adding his voice to the issue at hand, the President of the National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT), Angel Cabounou indicated that the Unions were not consulted on the decision by the government though he also believes the introduction of technology to education at the SHS level was a god called.
He however indicated that not all SHSs in Ghana have adequate facilities such as stable electricity to use tablets.
He also said if the government wants to start such an initiative, it should be willing to provide the basic necessities that could allow efficient use of tablets, such as good and stable internet and electricity.
He however thought an attention to the basic level was not a bad idea by Kofi Asare.
The government through the Ministry of Education is preparing to replace textbooks with laptops in Senior High Schools across the country.
The Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, who announced this, said textbooks and other teaching and learning materials would be installed on the laptops to be used during lessons.
Get all Updates from Ellis Ferdinand HERE
Speaking at the 60th Anniversary celebration of the Hohoe Evangelical Presbyterian Senior High School, Dr. Bawumia said the initiative which would be implemented before the end of 2023.
He noted that it is aimed at preparing the students to fit into the global village.
The ‘One Teacher one laptop’ initiative launched
“If this country must move forward in the right direction, we must invest in education which is the only platform for preparing nation builders for tomorrow.
“The Minister for Education has also assured me that this year, we’ll start the replacement textbooks with laptops that have textbooks embedded in Senior high Schools,” he said on Saturday.
One Teacher-One Laptop policy has been successful, 80% of laptops distributed – Bawumia
This new initiative comes after the government launched the One-teacher One-laptop project on Friday, September 3, 2021.
The programme was meant to give Senior High School teachers modern materials to facilitate teaching and learning and as of December 11, 2021, Ghana Education Service reported that 80% of laptops meant for teachers had been distributed.
OTHER RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
- Top 20 Nigerian Universities Recognized by JAMB in 2023
- List of Top 9 Best Universities in Cairo, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 2 Best Universities in Giza, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 10 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- List of 20 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
- GES announces official dates for the commencement of the 2023 District and Regional Transfers
- NTC announces dates for the issuance of Licenses to Newly Qualified Teachers
- GES releases List of 2023 Successful Recruitment Applicants
- 2023 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination Timetable is Out – CHECK HERE
- NTC gives an official date for the conduct of the 2023 Teachers Licensure Examination
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
- UCC opens 2023/2024 admissions into B.Ed. Distance Programmes for Prospective SHS Teachers
- UDS Admission Form for Undergraduate and Diploma Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year is Out
- UEW opens Distance Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- UEW opens Regular Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Peki College of Education Official 2023/2024 Admission Forms Out -APPLY HERE
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
- The fully Funded University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023/2024
- Global Affairs Canada Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024
- Top 20 Best Fully Funded Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024 – APPLY HERE
- Fully Funded MEDIT/ACI PhD Scholarships in Turkey for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Fully Funded LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarship in Italy 2023/2024
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 2 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 1 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
- Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥