The National Teaching Council (NTC) has scheduled March 25 and 26,2019 as days for the second edition of the Teacher Licensure Examination.
The purpose of the Examination according to the NTC is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional license, and also attract excellent young graduates from the Universities and Colleges of Education who have the required professional knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in Schools.
Eligibility for Licensure Examination 2019
- All Teachers who hold the Diploma in Basic (DBE) , Bachelor of Education (B.ED) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) and are desirous of seeking employment with the Ghana Education Service but could not register for the maiden Licensure Examination in September 2018 are required to apply to write the examination.
- All Teachers who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination in 2018 but FAILED in ONE, TWO or all THREE Papers are expected to register to re-sit the papers in which the failed.
- Candidates are expected to select from the list provided below.The WAC Regional Centres they prefer to write the examination.
Brong Ahafo …………..Sunyani
Eastern Region……… Koforidua
Ashanti Region ……Kumasi
Central Region……Cape Coast
Western Region….. Takoradi
IIn the case of the Upper West Region, the Centre is Nj Ahmadiyya College of Education.
for the Eastern Region, the Centre is the SDA College of Education.
prospective Applicants are to apply as follows:
- Fresh Candidates are to register with GHc 220.00 to write the examination
- Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHC100 for One resit paper
- Payments must be made to any GCB BANK Nationwide
- Applicants are to take a PIN and Serial Number from GCB
- Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.GH
- Click on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination Link
- Enter your e-voucher serial number and PIN
- fill in all fields and upload a passport size photograph
- Review the information provided and submit
- Print summary of the inputs made
All applications shall be received online not later than. March 17,2019
There shall be no extension in application date after 17th March,2019