Ferdinand | EducationGhana |July 28|Key Reasons for sending your child to a Boarding School
Boarding schools provide a distinctive and comprehensive education for children, contributing significantly to their personal growth and development. Here’s why sending your child to a boarding school is important:
1. Academic excellence: Boarding schools prioritize academics with rigorous coursework, skilled teachers, and excellent facilities, fostering individualized attention and support for student’s academic success.
2. Independence and responsibility: Living away from home encourages children to be independent, manage their time effectively, handle their affairs, and make decisions without constant parental guidance, fostering essential skills for future success.
3. Holistic development: Boarding schools offer a well-rounded education encompassing academics, sports, arts, extracurricular activities, and character development, enabling students to explore their passions, talents, and interests.
4. Cultural diversity: Boarding schools attract students from diverse cultural backgrounds, fostering tolerance, understanding, and acceptance, preparing students for a globalized world.
5. Strong community and support system: Boarding schools cultivate close-knit communities where students live and learn together, promoting a sense of belonging, camaraderie, and support for emotional well-being and overall development.
6. Character building: Boarding schools emphasize values like integrity, discipline, and respect, engaging students in community service, leadership activities, and challenges to develop crucial life skills and a moral compass.
7. Preparation for higher education: Boarding schools uphold high academic standards and have a track record of sending graduates to top colleges and universities, equipping students with the necessary academic rigour and college counselling for competitive college admissions.
8. Life skills and independence: Being away from home, boarding school students learn essential life skills such as problem-solving, time management, decision-making, and self-discipline, contributing to personal growth and self-reliance.
Key factors to consider when choosing a boarding school
– Child’s needs and interests: Assess academic strengths, weaknesses, interests, and preferred learning environments.
– Family’s financial situation: Factor in tuition, room and board, and additional expenses.
– Comfort level: Consider your own feelings toward sending your child away to school.
– Academic reputation: Evaluate the school’s academic philosophy, graduation rates, and college acceptance rates.
– Extracurricular activities: Explore the school’s extracurricular offerings and your child’s interests.
– Location and size: Consider the school’s location, convenience, student population, and student-to-teacher ratio.
– Faculty and staff qualifications: Assess the experience and qualifications of faculty and staff in working with boarding school students.
– Financial aid policies: Determine if the school provides financial aid and its requirements.
Additional tips for choosing a boarding school:
- Begin research early to find the right fit.
- Seek insights and advice from other parents who have experience with boarding schools.
- Read online reviews to gauge feedback from parents and students.
- Ask questions to the admissions staff of potential schools.
- Visit schools to gain firsthand experience and determine suitability.
Ultimately, the decision to send a child to boarding school is personal and should consider factors like individual needs, interests, financial situation, and comfort level.
GET THE LATEST UPDATES IN EDUCATION IN GHANA
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥