EducationGhana| May 23| Important Guidelines and Requirements for 2022 GES Study Leave with Pay:
The Ghana Education Service recognises and acknowledges the significance of further studies and the need for staff to upgrade themselves both academically and professionally. Hence all genuine efforts by In-service teachers to upgrade themselves for the betterment of the service will be approved.
The following are the requirements for GES study leave with pay for the academic year.
1. Applicants must have served at least three years after completing the College of Education.
2. Applicants who are serving the GES in deprived districts or schools are eligible to apply.
3. All qualified applicants must pursue an approved course as determined by the director of GES.
4. GES staff who are pursuing second or third-degree do not qualify for the study leave with pay.
5. Principle Superintendents who obtained their rank through a sandwich programme do not also qualify to apply.
6. GES staff who are 55 years and above do not qualify for the study leave with pay.
7. Members who vacate the Service and are re-engaged must serve a minimum of five (5) years before being eligible for study leave with pay.
8. Members who are eligible for study leave with pay must serve for a minimum of two(2) years after the study leave the course.
9. Teachers pursuing courses meant for non-teaching personnel will not enjoy study leave with pay.
10. Non-Teaching staff pursuing courses meant for teachers personnel will not enjoy study leave with pay.
11. Study leave with pay will not be granted for part-time courses/programmes
Check This Out: NSMQ 2022: Top 10 Best SHSs in the Volta and Oti Regions
How Many Times Is One Eligible For Study Leave With Pay?
After you acquire a degree, you would be placed at a rank of PS and GES doesn’t give study leave to teachers beyond this rank. Hence teachers who has not obtained their degree have only one chance.
Which Courses Attracts Study Leave With Pay?
Only education-related courses. Even so, they give a higher quota to some courses than others. GES will not sponsor you to go and do pursue a course after which you would use that certificate to seek employment elsewhere. They only want you to upgrade your skills and knowledge in any of the education-related courses and come back and be of benefit to the service.
Check This Out: NSMQ 2022: Top List of Seeded Schools that gain the automatic qualification
Understanding The Study Leave Promotion Ranks
The entry rank for the diploma is Senior Superintendent II professional, and you qualify to be promoted to SS I after four years of service. If you serve another three years, you qualify to be promoted to Principal Superintendent.
But let’s say you came into the service directly with a degree, Your entry rank is Principal Superintendent.
If you come into the service with Diploma and later went for either Two years Post Diploma in basic education(Degree in basic education) or Four Years Degree (Second cycle education -Regular) by any of the modes, you would jump over the rank of SS l directly to Principal superintendent.
How To Get Study Leave With Pay
Conditions Upon Which Study Leave With Pay Would Be Granted.
Applicants for study leave with pay must have;
1. Good conduct
2. Satisfactory Performance
3. Recommendation by immediate supervisor/Director.
How To Get Study Leave With Pay Forms
Applicants are to obtain study leave with pay application forms from District or Regional Education offices nationwide.
Click on the link below to download the study leave with the pay application form.
Applicants should complete 4 copies application forms and Attach Certified Copies of the required certificate.
Applications are to be submitted to the applicant’s Regional Director through the District Director or Head of the Institution.
The Regional or District Directors would ensure that the list of all applicants reaches the Director, Human Resource Management and Development Division(HRMD) at the GES Headquarters.
Check The SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
Check This Out: JUST IN: Coalition of Concerned Teachers sacks acting President King Ali Awudu
Prospective Students can also check out the Admission Deadlines for Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as their Entry Requirements before Applying.
They can also check the Institions’ cut off pointsandHow to Applyto the various Tertiary Institutions in Ghana as well as the Insitutions’ Fees Schedulesfor any particular Semester or Year.
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get theNaCCA/GES Standard-Based Lesson Plans HERE
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
Download Teachers Guide on SBCand CCP Curriculums HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥
Extracted from Honesty News
LET THE STUDY LEAVE ONLINE ONLY