EducationGhana| March 27| Eligibility Criteria for the Invest in Her TVET Scholarship Scheme 2022:
The INVEST in Her TVET Scholarship Scheme is a joint collaboration between the Ghana Chamber of Construction Industry (GhCCI) and WUSC under the INVEST Project.
The Scholarship Scheme will provide one thousand (1,000) women between the ages of 18 -35years with funds to access market-relevant skills training in male-dominated trades or occupations, to enhance their employability and economic opportunities.
Beneficiaries will receive technical skills in high-demand sectors such as Construction (Built Environment), Energy (Renewable, Solar, electricity), ICT/Electronics/Automation, Extractives (Mining, Oil & Gas, Quarry) as well as in Engineering and Manufacturing.
The Scholarship scheme offers full and partial scholarships to women through three training pathways
1. Young women between the ages of 18 -35years
2. Resident in a Marginalised community within Graetare Accra (Accra and Tema), Ashanti Region (Kumasi) and the Western Region (Sekondi and Takoradi)
3. Ability to read and Write
4. Proximity to an Eligible Training Provider or a Mastercraft Person (MCP)
5. Willingness and desire to learn technical skills in a male-dominated trade
6. Ability to commit to full-time training duration (3 to 12 months) depending on trade are.