Ferdinand| EducationGhana| October 22| BECE 2022: Integrated Science Likely Biology Questions with Answers for Candidates
This article gives candidates the preparatory guidelines and tips for the 2022 BECE for they to be able to follow the trends in the conduct of the exams.
It is not meant to give students exact questions from WAEC but a comprehensive analysis of how the questions are been set over the years.
Reproduction in plants
• Define reproduction
• Differentiate between the types of reproduction
• List the parts of a flower and state their functions
• Define pollination
• List and explain the types of pollination
Check This Out: BECE 2022: How to answer essay type of questions as a Candidate
• List four agents of pollination
• State three features of wind and insect-pollinated flower
• what is fertilization
• Explain the processes of fertilization
• Mention four importance of fertilization
• what is the germination of seed
• List three conditions necessary for germination
• differentiate between a seed and a fruit
Check This Out: BECE 2022: WAEC Approved Structure and Marking Scheme of Ghanaian Language for Candidates
• Explain the following
• b (i) Differentiate between the types of habitat
(ii) State three adaptations each of a fish, a bird, and a plant
• c (i) Differentiate between the food chain and the food web
(ii) Design a food chain using; cassava, grasshopper, hen, man
• State four factors that can disrupt the balance of the ecosystem
Reproduction in humans
• List the parts of the female reproductive system in humans
• State the functions of the parts of the female reproductive system in humans
• State the functions of the parts of the male reproductive system
• what fertilization in humans
• Differentiate between embryo and zygote
• Explain how the fetus feeds in the womb
• Explain the term indiscriminate sex
• State three effects of indiscriminate sex
• List three disorders associated with the human reproductive system
• Explain the term heredity.
• Mention five characteristics that can be inherited from parents.
DIFFUSION AND OSMOSIS
• Explain the term diffusion.
• Demonstrate the process of diffusion.
• Explain the term osmosis.
• Demonstrate the process of osmosis.
• Distinguish between diffusion and osmosis.
• Give three practical applications of each of diffusion and osmosis
• Why is a plant likely to wilt if too much fertilizer is applied to it?
• Explain the meaning of the circulatory system
• List parts of the circulatory system and state their functions
• List the parts and functions of the human heart
• State the composition and functions of the blood.
• Explain how high and low blood pressure develops in the circulatory system
• Mention three possible causes of high and low blood pressure
• State three ways of preventing high and low blood pressure
• Draw and label the longitudinal section of the heart.
a. Explain the term photosynthesis.
b. State the factors necessary for photosynthesis and give the functions of each factor.
c. State three importance of photosynthesis to plants and animals.
d. Describe how to test for starch in a green leaf
Check This Out: BECE 2022: School Selection guidelines, Register and Enrollment Trends for Candidates
Food and nutrition
a. Classify food items based on their nutrients.
b. State four importance of food nutrients.
c. Describe how to test for sugar, fats and oil
d. Explain a balanced diet
e. State four importance of a balanced diet
f. Define mal-nutrition
g. Mention four effects of malnutrition
h. Differentiate between fats and oils
Diseases and infections learn this topic
a. Explain the term infectious disease.
a. Identify common infectious diseases.
b. Describe the causes, mode of transmission, prevention, and control of some common diseases of humans, animals, and crops.
• Describe how carbon is cycled in nature
• State four importance of the carbon cycle.
• Mention four ways the carbon cycle is disrupted.
YEAR QUESTIONS TREND
2022 Stages, importance, and measures to protect the carbon cycle
Check This Out: BECE 2022: Top 12 reasons why Candidates fail in the BECE
LIFE CYCLE OF MOSQUITO
• State the stages of the life cycle of a mosquito
• Sketch and label the life cycle of a mosquito
• State three causes of malaria
• Mention the methods of controlling mosquitoes
• State the advantages and the disadvantages of each of the methods of controlling mosquitoes
• Explain the term respiration
• State three importance of respiration
• State and explain the types of respiration
• List the parts of the respiratory system and state the functions of each of the parts
• Distinguish between the types of respiration
• State three differences between the types of respiration
DENTITION AND DIGESTION
• List the parts of the teeth and provide their function
• List the types of the teeth and state their function
• State three causes of tooth decay and gum disease
• Describe how plaque is formed
• State four ways of preventing tooth decay
• State four ways of caring for the teeth
• List the parts of the digestive system of humans
• What is digestion
• State the function of the parts of the digestive system of humans
• Define an enzyme
• List the digestive enzymes, their site of secretion and their function
• Provide the end products for the food substances
III. Fats and oils
• What is indigestion
• State three causes of indigestion
• State three effects of indigestion
• State three ways of preventing indigestion
• State the function of the liver in digestion
BIOLOGY TREND ANALYSIS PRACTICALS YEAR TOPIC DETAILS 2022
2. Life cycle of mosquitoes
4. Diffusion and osmosis
6. Reproduction in plants
Download the Employees Personal Record Form HERE
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥