Ferdinand|EducationGhana|November 6| Appointment and Functions of the Director-General of the Ghana Health Service
The Ghana Health Service And Teaching Hospitals Act 1996 (ACT 352) Section 11 stipulates, that
1) There shall be appointed by the President in accordance with the advice of the Council given in consultation with the Public Services Commission, a Director-General of the Service who shall be the chief executive of the Service.
(3) The Director-General shall hold office on such terms and conditions as shall be specified in his letter of appointment.
(4) Subject to such general directives as the Council may give, the Director-General shall be responsible for the direction of the work of the Service and for the day-to-day administration of the Service and shall ensure the implementation of the decisions of the Council.
(5) Without prejudice to subsection (4) of this section, the Director-General shall provide to the Minister such technical advice as the Minister may require.
(6) The Director-General shall co-ordinate work programs and provide administrative rules, guidelines, and procedures to facilitate the achievement of targets set by the Ministry and establish systems for effective collaboration and cooperation to avoid duplication and to achieve harmonization of programs within the Service.
(7) The Director-General may delegate such of his duties as he may determine to any officer of the Service but the Director-General shall not be relieved from ultimate responsibility for the discharge of any delegated function.
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition to the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥