Ferdinand | EducationGhana |May 07| 2024: Official Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Public Health
About UDS Tamale Campus School of Public Health
Prof. Yidana was appointed the Foundation Dean of the School of Public Health, University for Development Studies, in October 2020.
Prior to that, he was the Head of the Department for Community Health and Family Medicine (2017-2020) and the Community-Based Education and Service (COBES) Coordinator (Sept-Oct 2020) in the School of Medicine.
He is an Associate Professor of Public Health specializing in Behavioral Sciences. He holds a PhD in Social Anthropology from Martin-Luther University, Halle-Wittenberg, Germany, and a Master’s degree in Medical Sociology from Royal Holloway, University of London. He has published in over 38 peer-reviewed journals both locally and internationally.
Prof. Yidana has a special interest in maternal and child health, social medicine, public health ethics, and research methods.
He also serves as a mentor and trainer in these fields. As a foundation Dean of the School of Public Health, he has spearheaded the establishment of six departments in the School. He has also spearheaded the design of undergraduate and postgraduate academic programs in the School of Public Health, UDS.
Prof. Yidanas aims to position the School to serve as a research hub in the field of public health in the northern part of Ghana and to pursue and develop a healthier world with diversity through innovative training, community research engagement and service, equity, and integrity, to create a meaningful impact.
Prof. Yidana is a partner in the ‘Healthy Cities for Adolescents Project’ led by Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS).
This project aims at building a multi-stakeholder consortium with the capacity to use evidence-based information for strategic programming that promotes adolescent health and general well-being.
It also aimed at realizing Sustainable Development Goal 3 and related goals (SDG1, SDG4, SDG 5, and SDG17), i.e., ending poverty; inclusive and equitable quality education; gender equality, and strengthening partnerships respectively in the Tamale Metropolitan Assembly, and supporting the emerging city of Ashaiman in the Ashaiman Municipality, in Accra.
Prof. Yidana has trained and continues to train undergraduate and postgraduate students and mentorship of young faculty.
Prof. Yidana has performed several consultancy services, both international and local organizations, including; World Health Organization (WHO), Catholic Relief Service (CRS), Star Ghana, Afram Plains Development Organization (APDO), Perfect Sanitation (PerfSan), among others.
Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Public Health
- Department of Environmental and Occupational Health
- Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Disease Control
- Department of Global and International Health
- Department of Health Services, Policy, Planning, Management and Economics
- Department of Population and Reproductive Health
- Department of Social and Behavioural Change
|#||Department||Head of Department|
|1||Department of Environmental and Occupational Health||Dr. Dennis Chirawurah|
|2||Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Disease Control||Prof. Martin N. Adokiya|
|3||Department of Global and International Health||Dr. Abdulai Abubakari|
|4||Department of Health Services, Policy, Planning, Management and Economics||Dr. Martin Hushie|
|5||Department of Population and Reproductive Health||Dr. Gilbert A Abiiro|
|6||Department of Social and Behavioural Change||Dr. Mustapha Alhassan|
- Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus Faculty of Sustainable Development Studies
- Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Allied Health Sciences
- Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Medicine
- 2023/2024: Official Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Nursing and Midwifery
- 2024: Official Departments and Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Programmes at UDS Tamale Campus School of Public Health
- BSc Health Information Management
- Master Of Public Health
- MPH Environmental Health
- MPH Maternal And Child Health
- MPhil Community Health And Development
- MPhil Public Health Nutrition
- MSc Community Disaster Resilience Studies
- MSc Community Health And Development
- MSc Public Health Nutrition
- PhD Public Health Nutrition
|1||BSc Health Information Management|
|2||Master Of Public Health|
|3||MPH Environmental Health||Department of Environmental and Occupational Health|
|4||MPH Maternal And Child Health|
|5||MPhil Community Health And Development|
|6||MPhil Public Health Nutrition||Department of Nutritional Sciences|
|7||MSc Community Disaster Resilience Studies||Department of Environmental and Occupational Health|
|8||MSc Community Health And Development|
|9||MSc Public Health Nutrition||Department of Nutritional Sciences|
|10||PhD Public Health Nutrition||Department of Nutritional Sciences|
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥