Ferdinand | EducationGhana |June 05|2023 Congregation: Accra College of Education holds 1st Congregation for 2022 cohort of the B.ED Programme
Accra College of Education held its 1st Congregation for the 2022 cohort of the Bachelor of Education (B.ED) Programme on Saturday, June 3, 2023.
The colourful event saw the Minister of Education, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum and other highly profiled dignitaries in attendance.
This was the 1st Congregation held since the introduction of Bachelor of Education programmes into Colleges of Education in 2018.
The Principal of the College, Professor Samuel Awinkene Atintono indicated that the current population of students in the Accra College of Education was 1486 including 753 males and 733 females.
Some 265 students graduated from the College comprising 172 males and 93 females.
19 students constituting 7% of the total population of graduands graduated with First Class Honours. 152 graduands constituting 57% had Second Class Upper whilst 72 graduands making up 27% of the graduands had Second Class Lower whilst 22 graduands constituting 8% had Third Class.
No graduand had Passed or below Third Class Hounors and this was the first time in the College’shistory.
Staff Strength and Development
The Principal indicated that the total number of employees in the college stood at 127 with 56 being teaching staff and 71 non-teaching staff. Senior Staff A is 70 with Senior Staff B being 30 with 27 junior staff.
The college has 6 part-time tutors and 33 casual employees supporting the college in various departments.
The Principal however hope for the issuance of Financial Clearance to recruit more staff to support towards the achievement of the goals of the college and also becoming and independent institution or university.
He added that there was a significant shortage of personnel in various departments and units of the College.
The principal called on the government and other private agencies to support the provision of hostel facilities to its students to help increase enrolment.
Minister on Conversion of Accra College of Education
The Minister of Education, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum has said that Government is considering the conversion of Accra College of Education into an independent Institution.
The Minister made this statement during the 1st Bachelor of Education Congregation organized for the 2022 cohort of the prestigious Accra College of Education on Saturday, June 3, 2023.
According to Dr Yaw Soei Adtuwm, the College has positioned itself to be able to able to stay independent to develop its potential in the development of teacher education in Ghana.
Get all Updates from Ellis Ferdinand HERE
The decision, the Minister indicated was in line with the government’s policy of making education more affordable and accessible to all Ghanaians.
- Government Considering Converting Accra College of Education into an Independent Institution – Adutwum
- Accra College of Education Outdoors 60th Anniversary Logo
- 2023 National Teachers Award: T-TEL to award College of Education, Tutors
- JUST IN: Government pays Teacher Trainees’ two-month Allowance arrears
If Accra College of Education becomes an independent institution, it will be able to set its own admission criteria, curriculum, and fees. It will also be able to award its own degrees. This will give the college more autonomy and flexibility, and it will allow it to better meet the needs of its students and the country.
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL RANKINGS IN AFRICA FOR YOU
- Top 20 Nigerian Universities Recognized by JAMB in 2023
- List of Top 9 Best Universities in Cairo, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 2 Best Universities in Giza, Egypt for 2023
- List of Top 10 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- List of 20 Best Universities in Egypt for 2023
- How Ghana’s Richest Teachers make their Wealth in 2023
- Top 6 Notable Alumnus of UEW making Impact in Ghana for 2023
- 18-Year-Old Princess Korkor Boateng is Ghana’s Youngest Chartered Accountant
- Abdul Rahman Lansah is UDS Valedictorian with CGPA of 4.89 at the 23rd Congregation
UPDATES ON THE TEACHERS’ NOTICE BOARD
- GES announces official dates for the commencement of the 2023 District and Regional Transfers
- NTC announces dates for the issuance of Licenses to Newly Qualified Teachers
- GES releases List of 2023 Successful Recruitment Applicants
- 2023 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination Timetable is Out – CHECK HERE
- NTC gives an official date for the conduct of the 2023 Teachers Licensure Examination
OTHER UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS NEAR YOU
- UCC opens 2023/2024 admissions into B.Ed. Distance Programmes for Prospective SHS Teachers
- UDS Admission Form for Undergraduate and Diploma Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year is Out
- UEW opens Distance Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- UEW opens Regular Undergraduate Admissions for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Peki College of Education Official 2023/2024 Admission Forms Out -APPLY HERE
APPLY FOR THE LATEST SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES NEAR YOU
- The fully Funded University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023/2024
- Global Affairs Canada Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024
- Top 20 Best Fully Funded Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024 – APPLY HERE
- Fully Funded MEDIT/ACI PhD Scholarships in Turkey for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Fully Funded LUISS Excellent Masters Scholarship in Italy 2023/2024
2ND TERM SCHEME OF LEARNING AND LESSON PLAN FOR TEACHERS
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 2 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- Exclusive Second Term JHS 1 Week 1 Lesson Plan for all Subjects
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
- Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check This Out Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 1 to 3
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 2
Check Out the 2023 Second Term Scheme of Learning for JHS 3
- GESOPS board of trustees demand GHC5,865 before responding to RTI requests
- How managers of the Second Tier Pension Scheme of GES Staff destroyed the Funds in the dark
- Study Leave with pay for the 2023/2024 Academic Year is Out
- Application for Teachers’ Assurance Letters to Districts for 2023/2024 Transfers Opens
- Top List of Regional and District GNAT Secretaries Recruited and Reposted in 2023
Check This Out: Senior High School Selection Guidelines for 2022 BECE Candidates
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥