EducationGhna| September 20| 2022: Updates on New Reforms in the GES and the Ministry of Education
1. As a result of the aforementioned development, the 10 former divisions at the GES Headquarters, just one or two years back, have now been *drastically reduced to 4, namely:
a) Special Education Division
b) Schools & Instructions Division
c) Administration & Finance
d) Human Resource Management and Development Division
2. There are 2 Deputy Directors-General at the GES Headquarters, namely: Mr Anthony Boateng, Deputy D-G, Management/Managerial Services, and Dr Kwabena Bempah Tandoh, Deputy D-G, Quality & Access.
3. Divisions A and B are under the jurisdiction of Deputy D-G, Quality & Access while C & D are managed by Deputy D-G, Management Services.
4. Supplies & Logistics Division, (former), is NOW NO MORE A DIVISION, BUT A UNIT under *Administration & Finance Division.
5. Note that at the Metropolitan/Municipal/District Education Directorate, we have a Frontline Deputy Director in charge of Finance & Administration (F & A), but at the Headquarters, it the reciprocal. That is, Divisional Director in charge of *Administration & Finance) (A & F).
6. Non-Formal Education Division (NFED), one of the agencies under the MoE, is now called *Complementary Education Agency (CEA).
7. Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Division, has now been elevated to an agency under the MoE, with Mawusi Nudekor Awity (Mrs) as the Director-General, Ghana TVET Service.
8. With regard to the above, Ghana TVET Service has become the child/newest/freshest/latest agency under the MoE while the *mother/parent/oldest agency is the GES.
9. Education Regulatory Bodies Act, 2020 (Act 1023) has established 5 Education Regulatory Bodies namely;
a) Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) with Pro. Mohammed Salifu, as the Director-General.
Note that the establishment of GTEC has scrapped NATIONAL ACCREDITATION BOARD (NAB) and NATIONAL COUNCIL for TERTIARY EDUCATION (NCTE)
b) National Teaching Council (NTC) with Dr Christian Addai Poku as the Executive Secretary. Formerly, it was called Teacher Education Division (TED)
c) National Schools Inspectorate Authority (NaSIA), formerly known as National Inspectorate Board (NIB), with Dr Hagar Hilda Ampadu, as the Inspector-General of NaSIA.
d) National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) formerly known as Curriculum Research & Development Division (CRDD), with Mr John Mensah Annang, as the Director-General.
Note that Dr Christian Addai Poku of NTC doubles as one of the Council Members of NaCCA.
d) Commission for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) with Dr. Fred Kyei Asamoah as the Director-General.
• The Director-General of GES is Prof. Kwasi Opoku Amankwah.
• The D-G of GES is also referred to as the Administrative Head or the Chief Executive Officer of GES; and he is assisted by 2 Deputy D-Gs, as mentioned earlier.
• The Highest Decision-making Body in the GES is the GES Council.
• The current Chairman of the GES Council is Mr Michael Kenneth Nsowah. He is also referred to as the Highest Presiding Figure of GES.
• GES Council is composed of 15 Members.
• Before the establishment of the Ghana Education Service in 1974, it was called Ghana Teaching Service.
• The Ministry of Education was established in 1957.
• The first Minister of Education was Mr J.B Erzoah.
How to write and Address a Letter of Sponsorship as a School in the GES HERE
How to write and address any form of Letter to the Ghana Education Service HERE
How to write and Address an Application for Car Maintenance Allowance as a Teacher HERE
Check the SHS Grading System HERE
Download the 2022 basic and shs Academic Calendar HERE
SEND US YOUR STORIES FOR PUBLICATION VIA WHATSAPP NUMBER0506440219
Get the Ghana Education ServiceNew Standard–Based Scheme of Learning (SOL)HERE
Get the Ghana Education Service New Standard–Based Curriculum HERE
Get the WAECBECE, WASSCE, NTC Licensure Exam, and Teachers’ Promotion Exam Past Questions HERE
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: EducationGhana.org: All Rights Reserved.♥